Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLP Fuzzy logic Charger

Options
  • 27-11-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I have read the instructional sheet that comes with this doohickey and I am, to say the least, too stupid to understand it.

I hook the battery up and set the thing to quick charge but after about fiften or twenty minutes it flicks back to slow charge and starts to beep at me at ten minute intervals. There is no way in hell that the instructions are right and the battery is fully charged!

Can anyone out there explain to me how the hell I use one of these things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Is it still set to six amps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

depending on the mah of the battery and what amp's you've set the charger to, and how well charged the battery already is, 20mins on fast charge could be right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I turned it down to about 3 amps.

Its a large type battery you get with a TM FAMAS (3600 is written on the side of the cells). I fully discharged it before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Well mine is always set to 0.5amps and I use the discharge, full charge cycle. Takes longer but its a nice slow, safe and healthy charge for your batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

My TLP charger does the same thing if the battery has crap cells. The charger may be getting a false reading with it. I bought an 8.4v stick battery for my AK74 when I first got it, not a cheap one either, cost $35 and my TLP kept stepping down to slow with it, the thing wouldn't hold a charge properly. I now use 2 Intelect 9.6v sticks and they charge perfectly every time on fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have one too, if you're talking about the 4000c.
    Its probably just a shorted cell. Try another battery. Mine works fine with our 5 intellect 8.4s and my stick is fecked so I cant tell you about that. The 8.4V 1400mah Charge fully in about 45 min I think, and thats set so that they dont heat up much as not to damage them. Will check the ampage settings in a sec.

But the Beeping drives me nuts:mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Glad it's not just mine then that keeps on beeping, never stopping, always beeping.... GAAGH!

Havent the foggiest which model it is, you'd have to ask IAS all I know is it says EXCELPRO on it.

What I do know is that I am not an engineer and as such I am kind of rummaging around like a blind man looking for a penny with this thing.

Am I right in saying that if I leave it on a slow charge it will automatically switch itself off/stop charging when its full?

Its a blue one with luminous lemon yellow controls if that helps.

Edit: And my 2000Mah is an intellect battery.

Havent the foggiest which model it is, you'd have to ask IAS all I know is it says EXCELPRO on it.

What I do know is that I am not an engineer and as such I am kind of rummaging around like a blind man looking for a penny with this thing.

Am I right in saying that if I leave it on a slow charge it will automatically switch itself off/stop charging when its full?

Its a blue one with luminous lemon yellow controls if that helps.

Edit: And my 2000Mah is an intellect battery.

Nah, you have this:
    TLP-EXPRO2.jpg
    I have this:
    Charger%20Intelli.jpg

Yours is the more advanced one:D

Nah, you have this:
    TLP-EXPRO2.jpg
    I have this:
    Charger%20Intelli.jpg

Yours is the more advanced one:D

Still beeping though

Set to fast charge it charges for about 12 minutes then switches back to slow charge but all the numbers stop going up on capacity and the others all drop to next to nothing ...

Edit, upon closer inspection, we have the same one.
    ... arrgggghhhhh

• Advertisement

Uno momento....

I have mine set at 2.25 to 2.5 amps for my 1400mah. You should be maimum 2.75 i'd say. Do your batteries get hot?

The system, by my understanding, uses delta pulses to detect when the charging peaks and cuts back to slow(really trickle) charge. It the batteries heat up too much the reistance will greatly increase, this could cause the cut off to engage. A bad connection could also do it i think. Check them on and ensure they have a good contact. It should take around a half our i'd say, at least. Think a full charge on the Inti 8.4V 3600mah takes about an hour. Thats set at around 3 amps i think. Not sure though as its never emptied with the Famas.

Just to be sure, you did set it for 240v right?

Lethal.

Uno momento....

I have mine set at 2.25 to 2.5 amps for my 1400mah. You should be maimum 2.75 i'd say. Do your batteries get hot?

The system, by my understanding, uses delta pulses to detect when the charging peaks and cuts back to slow(really trickle) charge. It the batteries heat up too much the reistance will greatly increase, this could cause the cut off to engage. A bad connection could also do it i think. Check them on and ensure they have a good contact. It should take around a half our i'd say, at least. Think a full charge on the Inti 8.4V 3600mah takes about an hour. Thats set at around 3 amps i think. Not sure though as its never emptied with the Famas.

Just to be sure, you did set it for 240v right?

Lethal.

Well I just got through the 3rd (4th possibly?) charge on my 3600MAH Intellect. Its quite hot now.

I attached it to the FAMAS for a moment and pulled the trigger on auto. It certainly sounds charged.

I think its probably them Delta pulse thingies you mentioned (whatever the hell those are).

Ehh, leave the batts for at least a half hour before usage as to not damage them! If they're heating up a bit thats good. A Lot is bad. Do you have a multi-metre?

Lethal.

Ehh, leave the batts for at least a half hour before usage as to not damage them! If they're heating up a bit thats good. A Lot is bad. Do you have a multi-metre?

Lethal.

Multi what? Again, not a techie type.

No I dont have a multi-meter sadly. I think its fine though so I will see what happens on Saturday when I give them a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Lethal.

Even with a multimeter, the only thing worth checking is current but the battery needs to be under load to check this - any ideas? Do you rig the mmeter in while firing?

In my experience just checking voltage is largely a waste of time as the difference between a fully charged ready to go and ready to die battery can be as little as .2V.

edit: Forgot to say, I've the same charger with same issues. Previously ok batteries lasted no time last weekend (first time using the new charger) but I've increased the current and recharged on the full cycle charges. Gonna see how the batteries perform this weekend (crosses fingers) before I call a medic.

One week ours only half charged bu i think i set it wrong:p.

The multimeter will allow you to check if its holding the charge after 24-48 hours. If the batts are working properly they should rise to at lease 9.6/9.7 V fully charged. If the next day they're down to like 9.5 the batts are the problem.

OT a bit but interestingly my stick battery holds the charge just like the Minis but ROF is way lower with it and they die way to quick.

Advertisement