Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'07 BMW E90 owners

Options
  • 27-11-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi there just wondering does anyone know if I need to purchase a kit to use my ipod or does it just plug into Aux in centre console(nothing happening when I do)
    Cheers:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Should just work via aux. Might sound obvious but make sure your radio is actually set to 'aux', that the volume's up on both the iPod and stereo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

As above, should work straight off. Have heard that satnav, sat radio or phone kits can cause an issue though. No harm in checking your cable connection too though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You'll have no control of the ipod from the head unit(a 420 quid extra!)You have to operate it as normal.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You need to cut off your penis first. If you've bought an ipod and an 07 E90 you're clearly a sheep and it's illegal for you to mate with humans..........

Seriously though - it has to be something simple. If you got an aftermarket phone kit put in they probably ****ed that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 US-Riley

Apologies if this is posted in wrong area.
    I have a new 3 series with the aux input, my MP3 is a creative zen 5, my question is can I hook this up through the 'AUX' in the console or what do you recommend?
    Thank you, pretty ignorant to all these "techno gizmos", R.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

US-Riley wrote: »
    Apologies if this is posted in wrong area.
    I have a new 3 series with the aux input, my MP3 is a creative zen 5, my question is can I hook this up through the 'AUX' in the console or what do you recommend?
    Thank you, pretty ignorant to all these "techno gizmos", R.:(

If you can plug headphones into it, you can get a cable with a headphone cable on either end and plug it into the AUX

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

you can use your aux input for your MP3 device and the music will play through your cars speaker system, but you will have to do all the track changing etc through the actual device. I have the Ipod integrated kit in my E92 and you get full control of all functions in the Ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Hi 38psi, you mind me asking about such kit, is this BMW supplied and if I can be so cheeky, :ohow much?

Oh!.. and blitzkreiger have been away past few days so have just come across your rather 'humerous?' post & have to say, my husband found it even more humerous and wishes to pass on that even though he drives the same make, has no intention of snipping anything..:rolleyes:

alpina wrote: »
    Hi 38psi, you mind me asking about such kit, is this BMW supplied and if I can be so cheeky, :ohow much?

Oh!.. and blitzkreiger have been away past few days so have just come across your rather 'humerous?' post & have to say, my husband found it even more humerous and wishes to pass on that even though he drives the same make, has no intention of snipping anything..:rolleyes:

Hi Yes the Ipod kit is a BMW integrated setup. The cable is actually fitted in the glovebox so you Ipod is out of sight.The steering wheel buttons let you do all the volume,track changing etc. As regards price I cant say for sure as we got ours thrown in for free thanks to a very kind salesman ;);)If you check out the BMW.ie site if gives more info....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Being a demo, I didn't spec my car.

But I have an aux input in the drivers armrest when you open the top of it and obviously the aux option comes up on the i-drive.. so what exactly do I have then!?

It's an E92 coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MarkN wrote: »

But I have an aux input in the drivers armrest when you open the top of it and obviously the aux option comes up on the i-drive.. so what exactly do I have then!?

It's an E92 coupe.
    That's the standard setup, it allows you to play, but not control, your ipod through the stereo. There is a recent factory option, 6FL I think, which allows full MP3 player control. For older cars there is a dealer-fit ipod controller, of which i've heard mixed reviews. From memory, either option costs around €500.

MarkN wrote: »

It's an E92 coupe.

Anan1 is correct your aux input is a standard fit now.The iPod integration kit just gives you more user control via idrive and steering wheel buttons also will show track listings album info etc. You can now also spec new BMW'S with a usb fitting that you can plug memory sticks into..

Advertisement