Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Power Supply on a Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 ATX Case

Options
  • 27-11-2007 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Can it be done?
    I'm awaiting this case via mail and I have been told by a friend that you cant change the PSU. Does anyone know if this is true

Second Question:
    Can anyone recomend to me a good MoBo for SLI-ing 2 GeForce 8600's? (The ones that use 2 PCI slots in the back)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, it's a proprietary power supply. Unfortunately.

As for sli, 2 8600 cards wouldn't be very economical. Unless you already own them, I'd seriously advise against it. But if so, what sort of budget do you have? For example, if on a small budget, you can get a basic MSI Sli board for 92 euro, an extra tenner would get you a much better quality Abit board but it's a little outdated compared to the Msi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

HavoK wrote: »
    Yes, it's a proprietary power supply. Unfortunately.

As for sli, 2 8600 cards wouldn't be very economical. Unless you already own them, I'd seriously advise against it. But if so, what sort of budget do you have? For example, if on a small budget, you can get a basic MSI Sli board for 92 euro, an extra tenner would get you a much better quality Abit board but it's a little outdated compared to the Msi.

well i have 1 8600 rifgt now so thats what i asked i have about 300-400 to spend

Advertisement