Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lancer GSR

Options
  • 27-11-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Im thinking of trading up my 520i for a 96' lancer gsr. Is it difficult to get much more out of them? Say bring it up to near evo standard?

Tomy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

sorry a bit off topic but what the insurance like on those and are they heavy on juice, hoping to buy a mitsubishi in the next week or so and am looking at lancers and carismas.

sorry again for been off topic and not answering the original question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Well I wanted an evo but it's not gonna happen, ferrari style insurance policy for them no thankyou. I think a GSR would give an evo the skeevy jeevys with a few modifications, bigger turbo etc...

I reckon they would eat the fuel like any turbo car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I stand to be corrected.... but

Would it not be cheaper to buy an EVO rather than go to the expense of modifying a GSR's engine, brakes, suspension ect,and at the end of the day you would have an EVO and not a modified GSR.
    I guess the EVO would me easier to sell on later once you've had your fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

And of course, if you don't tell your insurance company about the mods under the bonnet they'll point and laugh at you if you do have a claim.

A modified GSR would still be cheaper to insure. I've been doing a little bit of research and found the car favourably insurable compared to the evo even with a modified turbo.. I cannot complain really.

I'm sure the evo would be a more desirable car when selling on, some GSR's out there are fetching decent money.. They arent as in your face looking as the evo "iv" I wanted, maybe thats a good thing it will attract less attention. Looks exactly like a lancer mivec with same bodykit except it would eat ya :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

your GSR will never match a genuine evo. the money you would spend trying to get the GSR up to evo power, it would be cheaper to buy the evo and pay the insurance hike.

with the evo you get better power, better handling, active yaw control etc etc etc etc........

kceire wrote: »
    your GSR will never match a genuine evo. the money you would spend trying to get the GSR up to evo power, it would be cheaper to buy the evo and pay the insurance hike.

with the evo you get better power, better handling, active yaw control etc etc etc etc........

Maybe

Advertisement