Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stripping hair

• 27-11-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

how much is it on average to get your hair stripped & how bad is it for your hair?
    also want it dyed blonde after, hair is naturally medium brown..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i wanted to get my hair stripped when it was black but i was told its very very bad for your hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

PlayGirl wrote: »
    how much is it on average to get your hair stripped & how bad is it for your hair?
    also want it dyed blonde after, hair is naturally medium brown..

thanks
    member when christina aguilera looked like a poodle?

thats how bad it is for your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Le Rack wrote: »
    member when christina aguilera looked like a poodle?

thats how bad it is for your hair.

wait for the dye to fade out itself it is then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

PlayGirl wrote: »
    wait for the dye to fade out itself it is then ;)
    lol yeah pretty much!

Chemical stripping basically takes all nutrients etc out of your hair...hence frizz ball...let it grow/fade out, even get the odd trim to stimulate growth and make it grow out faster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Stripping should be banned... such a bad idea... let it grow out.. keep hair in good condition.. whats the point have lovely blond hair that is completely fried? No hairdresser would recommend it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

A good while ago i wanted to go blonde (had very dark brown/black dyed hair, naturally a browny colour). I went to about five different hair salons in Cork City and they refused to strip my hair, saying it would destroy it.

If your hair is already dyed there's a really good Keratise (sp?) shampo for oily hair you can get that gradually washes the colour out. It was recommended to me by a hair dresser and it really works and still keeps your hair in good condition.

The other option is to gradually build it up to blonde with highlights, although that'd be pretty pricey i imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

I had black dyed hair and wanted to go lighter, a hair dresser advised me to use baby shampoo to lighten it, and it did! Its brown now :D

Advertisement