Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav unlocking code

Options
  • 28-11-2007 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hi I just have a few q's on sat nav's.

I was on My Garmin to see if theres any update maps for my sat nav. (No luck, and it quotes date of the current map as Sept 2006)

1. It quotes an unlock code under my profile. What is this, what is it for and am I supposed to do anything with it ?

2. Why would you use a memory card with a sat nav ? Mine has a slot for one but its only the nuvi 25o so it doesnt have many functions and it saves recently found destinations on the unit itself - what wud I use a memory card for savings.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm not sure about question 1., but I would imagine the unlock code came with your mapping software and the website uses it to verify you have a genuine copy of the software before allowing you access to updates, etc.

In answer to your second question, you could use a memory card to carry around maps of other countries, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Doesn't the 250 have an image viewer? So you could pop your memory card from your digital camera into it to look at your pictures.

Advertisement