Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

specific websites no longer work on eircom BB

Options
  • 28-11-2007 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

A couple of weeks ago, my wife complained that she could no longer access the following Russian websites:

forum.cosmo.ru
    www.odnoklassniki.ru

To this day, it's still the same.

When I traceroute them on the eircom BB connection we use at home, I get up to a certain Eastern European gateway out of the Cable & Wireless backbone and then... "request timed out" all the way.

But when I try the same from my work connection (provided by NTL) I have no problem accessing the sites and no problem getting through the traceroute to the actual servers...

Any ideas, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Strange. It can't be DSN as the tracert wouldn't even start...? Does nslookup on eircom give the IP of the russian site?

(They work at the moment here, but I'm not on eircom :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

I can confirm that I cannot connect to it using Eircom but am able to access the site by going through a different ISP. Good look explaining it to the goons in Eircom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

I'm also on eircom and I can't get through to either site. I haven't any suggestions how to correct the issue, but it might be helpful to know that I do use OpenDNS, so it can't be an issue with eircom's DNS servers. There's obviously something else going on with eircom. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

neither sites work for me on eircom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just confirming that they don't work for me on eircom but they do when I try from college.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Curous. The cosmo.ru doesn't work from a Smart connection, but odnoklassniki.ru does. Both work from my workplace though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Works for me here on BT (practically Eircom)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, BT isn't at all eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its being slow for me connecting to some sites. particularly those hosted in iceland

the russian ones mentioned don't work for me either

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

both work here in work (leesed line)

haven't a clue what they mean tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I too, cannot access them via Eircom BUT when I used an online proxy I could
    gain access, no hassle.
    Use http://www.zend2.com/ for an example.
    Strange... Could it be someone is blacklisting someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SakisP

Well well well...

Maybe you guys can check your blacklisting records on openrbl.org - my eircom IP came up positively blacklisted in 3/36 lists.

Those seem to be mostly related to anti-spam measures, but what if a router has been set up to block routing using the same black list...?

Advertisement