Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grazing Required

• 28-11-2007 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for grazing for 1 horse in the Enniscorthy area, sharing with other animals is no problem. If anyone knows of anything, reply or send me a Private Message. Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Bump! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Are there any livery yards in your area?

Farmers are often wary of letting their land to non-farmers (and even more-so to teenagers).

Putting a horse in a livery yard (even if just on grass livery) is a great place to meet people and get support. Also it is preferable and even necessary that the horse would have company as they are herd animals.

there's only 1 livery yard in my area and it was way out of my budget as she didn't allow the horses to stay out 24/7. A couple of people have told me that the farmers aren't willing to rent out the land, most of the land around here is for crops anyway :(
    I'm going to advertise in the paper as well, I know theres a couple of people around here with just one pony in the field and I'm sure those ponies would LOVE a companion hehe! I'm also going to put up posters in the local shops again. hoping to find something asap so I can start riding again lol.

There's plenty of grassland and plenty of farmers who have horses in that area.
    Maybe get in touch with the local hunt clubs (Islands right?) and see what the story is.

Where is the horse are the moment?

Also, please don't bump a thread after only a couple of hours. It annoys users and won't help your cause.

Kerrysgold, I see from your post in the Animal Issues forum that you don't actually have a horse... why would you get one with just grazing land?

What happens if the farmer needs the field back? How are you going to excercise the horse?

• Advertisement

In an emergency I have the use of a field across the road from my house back in Kerry.

What do you plan to do with the horse then?

You don't have stables or even a close, stable piece of land. Why not just try and hack out for people? You then get to ride, and you don't have to worry about the care, maintenance and stability of the horse

I am looking to loan a hardy type that can live out 24/7. I'm really looking for a horse that I can school and jump as well as just hacking out, and for me, caring for the horse is half the fun anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 walter321

kerrysgold wrote: »
    I am looking to loan a hardy type that can live out 24/7. I'm really looking for a horse that I can school and jump as well as just hacking out, and for me, caring for the horse is half the fun anyway! :D
    Good for you kerrysgold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I thought you said in a previous post that you live on a farm Kerrysgold? Eitherway, good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement