Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 'Zone 3' alarm errors???

Options
  • 28-11-2007 5:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm new to this so please be patient with me :)

I've got a HKC alarm installed in my gaff and it worked fine for the first year but soon after started alarming for no reason. It was always Zone 3 (which BTW is my patio door). I got the guy who installed the alarm to check the system out and he said he has seen lots of Zone 3 problems and said it 's most like a problem with the main board. He basically moved the patio door to a different zone and I have to inhibit zone 3 everytime I arm the system. Only problem is the alarm is going off on it's own again giving 'Downstairs' errors???? :mad:

Could this be a PIR issue??? :confused:

Has anyone else come across Zone 3 problems??? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm new to this so please be patient with me :)

I've got a HKC alarm installed in my gaff and it worked fine for the first year but soon after started alarming for no reason. It was always Zone 3 (which BTW is my patio door). I got the guy who installed the alarm to check the system out and he said he has seen lots of Zone 3 problems and said it 's most like a problem with the main board. He basically moved the patio door to a different zone and I have to inhibit zone 3 everytime I arm the system. Only problem is the alarm is going off on it's own again giving 'Downstairs' errors???? :mad:

Could this be a PIR issue??? :confused:

Has anyone else come across Zone 3 problems??? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sounds like your alarm guy hasn't got a clue. He has obviously moved one faulty circuit and connected to another zone thus making the new zone faulty. I recommend you get another "Licensed" alarm guy in to sort out this minor problem

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Agreed with JNealon.
    I bet that he moved the patio door to the "downstairs" zone.

The sensor itself is probably faulty on the door ( I had the same problem a few months ago)
    Get the installer back out, tell him to change the sensor and put it back on its correct zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 CelicaStorm

Thanks guys for your advice...I've searched lots of sites and never came across this problem before. The only common factor with the other 'Zone 3 errors' is the installer.

I'll get someone out straingt away to sort out his mess :D

Thanks again for all your help...much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

if he moved the faulty zone to another and zone 3 is still showing open this either means zone 3 is faulty or he did not put the jumper back into the zone 3. if the jumper was put back into the terminals you would not have to inhibit the zone everytime you arm, and if this was the case i wouldnt be calling him back!

Advertisement