Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The time has come!!!

Options
  • 28-11-2007 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

my wife has just gone in to hospital for the latest addition to the shrapnel family!!!! if all goes well time of arrival- mid afternoon!!!i'm at work till lunchtime, then off to have a baby!!! very nervous and excited at the moment- woohoo:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I wonder how much work you are getting done right now? ;)
    Good luck and let us know how everything is going when you have a moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

thanks girls. will update tonight in any event if i'm in any kind of state to do so:p. i'm probably more nervous than her at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Exciting news!
    Best of luck to all
    Don't forget to post pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Best of luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good luck to you & Mrs. Shrapnel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Congratulations brah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

That's great news, I'm delighted for you and your partner/wife.
    Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Good luck

thanks guys for all your wishes, just got home. Left them to bond and feed and sleep etc. all went well, and am the proud father of another beautiful baby boy. 7pounds and 15. i'll write up more later or tomorrow as i'm still a bit of a happy wreck at the moment.

2072008372_f4f8eace6a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congratulations, doesn't he look contented and happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Congratulations. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

well done!
    thats the most deadly pic ive ever seen of a newborn. wont he be proud to see that on his 21st birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Congrats! Gorgeous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations, he's beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

What a little dote! Congrats to you all and may all your troubles be little ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Congratulations!
    Little dote - he'd nearly make you broody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Congratulations, Shrapnel. He's gorgeous!

thanks everyone!!! back at work today unfortunately (i'll take time off when both baby and mum are back home), but printed a few photos of him to keep me company and show him off.:p.

i have to say though it was very different the second time round. much easier physically for my wife as it happened very simply and quickly, litterally just half an hour of pushing, but emotionally very draining as the closer it gets the more nervous you are something might go wrong. A friend of ours had quite recently had a baby who had died during child birth and i think that was playing heavily in our minds, so we were so so relieved when we had a healthy little one in our arms. The miracle of birth was still as intense this time round though as i remembered it, and still managed to take my breath away and, even prepared and rested as i was, it still made me shed a tear when i saw my son on the bed take his first breath and announce his arrival and anger at being treated in such a rude and uncouth way.

it all seems so far away already sitting back here at my desk just like any other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Marvellous photo. Congratulations!
    [edit: I meant congratulations on the birth, not on taking a good photo!]

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Great picture. Congrats. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride of the next three months.:D

A friend of ours had quite recently had a baby who had died during child birth and i think that was playing heavily in our minds
    I can't believe stillbirths still happen, with all the technology they have nowadays. My first baby was nearly a stillbirth. His heartbeat started getting lower and lower then got dangerously low. Luckily I'd had an epidural so it was very easily topped up and I had an emergency section within minutes. He was grey and lifeless when taken out, but after a little work on him he started to cry - relief! He's now a strapping, v.energetic almost 7-year-old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They happen and a still birth is not just a child dying during the birthing process.
    I know of two couples in the last year who were with in 10 days of their due day and the baby just died in the womb.
    There was just no movement and when they were examined there was no fetal heartbeat.
    Labour had to be induced and the mother had to give birth.
    Still born literally means still with no sign of life at birth.

http://www.isands.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Wow seeing that picture sure brought back memories. As the proud dad of three great teenagers a part of me is really looking forward to being a grandpa so I can hang out with a little one again.

(and then hand it back:D)

Blessings on all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh congratulations he's absolutely gorgeous! What a fantastic picture too. Best of luck with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Congratulations! Well done :)

Thaedydal wrote: »
    They happen and a still birth is not just a child dying during the birthing process.
    I know of two couples in the last year who were with in 10 days of their due day and the baby just died in the womb.
    There was just no movement and when they were examined there was no fetal heartbeat.
    Labour had to be induced and the mother had to give birth.
    Still born literally means still with no sign of life at birth.

http://www.isands.ie/
    That's just horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Belated congratulations from me - he is just beautiful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement