Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT Ravens Info

• 28-11-2007 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

DKIT Ravens VS Dundalk Bulls B
    Dundalk Ice Dome ~ 8:30PM
    So whos going to the IceDome tonight to support the Ravens in tonights Development league match. The Bulls had a close game last wednesday against the Wolves so this should be an interesting one. So far the Ravens have brought the best support to the Developement league matches. Which may be because of the reduced bar prices ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I'm going!
    Because I have friends on the team as well as the reduced bar rates! :)
    Got the evening off work and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

Thats good. The bigger the crowd the better the atmosphere. I'll be there too. Should be good if the Bulls B team draws the support of the Bulls A fans.

So do you think they'll get a win?

The match is actually DKIT Ravens Vs Hawks B
    Sorry for the incorrect info. Should be a good match anyways.

Ha, I was reading this earlier and didn't even cop on to that! ^^ Blame it on early morning sluggishness...
    I haven't been to any of their matches before, but I've heard it's great craic altogether. Hoping they get the win, but even if they don't I imagine we'll be roaring the place down anyway :D

I hope the Hawks supporters turn out in force too. I was at a hawks vs Belfast Bruins match and the place rocked with the latvians. Now I know the developement leagueis recci but if the place is full of students on cheap drink and the hockey crazy latvians it should be fun LOL

• Advertisement

Cool! I'd also heard the Latvians were insane, and there were loads of them coming over for the match, that's why I wanted to go to this one.

They won't have to come far. The team is made up of latvians that live and work in Louth. But iflatvians that are planning on coming over maybe it for the 'irish all star' game.

And here comes the aftermath...
    *sigh*
    :(

It wasn't a totally disaster. It took the Ravens a bit of time to get going but they done well to keep the game close then tie it at 3. the Third period was a bit of a disaster but what the hell. it was a good night anyways

Ah yeah it was. It started out great for them, and they got one absolutely superb goal, but you're right, it all went downhill just after the start of the 3rd period.

It was fun anyway, especially at the start, we were going mental for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what was the final score?

8-3 to the Hawks as far as I remember...

ouch!

So does any of the students from DKIT support any teams in the A-League. It would be interesting so see if many support the Bulls etc?

KevinMc wrote: »
    So does any of the students from DKIT support any teams in the A-League. It would be interesting so see if many support the Bulls etc?

free admission and cheaper drink, if i lived in dundalk i'd have been there no problem, there does be posters all over the college for the games but wednesday is an akward day for it, if it was on a thursday you'd get loads of students goin there before they head out, would be great craic

Well with there only really being 1 ice rink in the whole 32 counties actually taking an interest ice time is limited so you sort of have to take the day ya get.

If the Dundalk Bulls A play on a sat night would many students go to it?

I reckon some people in Dundalk might go, but those who don't live here would probably be at home for the weekend. That's the situation with most of my friends anyway, so they only go on Wednesdays to see the Ravens.

Ah right I see, is DKIT a uni cos I had thought it was just a FE College for the local Dundalk People. Ya learn something new everyday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Nope it's called Dundalk Institute of Technology and to get in to it, you have to apply through the CAO office (like every other college/Uni in the country).

Kilkenny City Storm VS DKIT Ravens
    WED 12/12/2007 ~ 8:30pm
    Dundalk IceDome
    So whos going to this match? I haven't seen Kilkenny playing yet so it'll be very interesting. After the last Ravens match and then wartching the tanking the Bulls ladies got last week it'll be good to see a close match :D

• Advertisement

For those who couldn't make it the match result can be found on the link below:

MATCH SUMMARY HERE

Oh dear, poor Ravans... :(
    Wish I could have gone anyway, but I had work, so no hockey for me...

KevinMc wrote: »
    For those who couldn't make it the match result can be found on the link below:

MATCH SUMMARY HERE

KevinMc

I have merged the threads you created, I dont mind if you post new info on games but you must keep it in this thread, dont be making new threads for every game as its spamming.

Also you seem to mention the price reduction in drinks alot are you affiliated with the ice dome in some way or its bar? if you are then note that its against the rules to advertise on boards.ie.

if not then keep the info on the dkit ravens coming but keep it in this thread to keep things tidy.

Thanks

Draffodx

draffodx wrote: »
    KevinMc

I have merged the threads you created, I dont mind if you post new info on games but you must keep it in this thread, dont be making new threads for every game as its spamming.

Also you seem to mention the price reduction in drinks alot are you affiliated with the ice dome in some way or its bar? if you are then note that its against the rules to advertise on boards.ie.

if not then keep the info on the dkit ravens coming but keep it in this thread to keep things tidy.

Thanks

Draffodx

Cheers, It's looking good. I'm not connected in any way with the Ice Dome. I just know that students love cheap drink but I think they've got the message.;)

You might want to do the same with the Kilkenny thread and I can just keep adding to it too.

I know the Ravens aren't playing this wednesday but I hope the Ravens fans have been bit by the the hockey bug and will go see this wednesdays game.

Maybe you could have a look at the hockey forum too, as far as I can recall there was a thread about the development league there - it mentioned all the teams, not just the ravens. :)

DKIT Ravens VS Blackrock Whalers
    Dundalk IceDome
    16 Jan- 8:30pm
    The Ravens are playing again this week and have been playing well. The Belfast Giants are playing in the Odyssey on Wednesday so I'll not make this one. Hopefully there'll be a good crowd and someone can post their thought on here.

As always entry is FREE

DKIT Ravens 4 VS 2 Dublin Rams
    Dundalk IceDome
    Anyone on here manage to make it to the IceDome last night for the game? It was pretty good. It started off going all sorts of pear-shaped but the Ravens pulled it together and managed to win by a pair.

Ravens Goalie Miceal made a great save half way through the final period to keep the lead at 3-2 before the Ravens got their fourth. And although the Rams were short bench they made a good account of themselves. Perhaps it was fatigue that played it's part in the final result as they had stormed to an early two goal league.

I thought the crowd was a little samller than ususal games, or maybe it was because everyone was sitting spread out.

With the Dundalk Bulls 'A' running away with the 'A' league, it's easy to see why the Developement league is far more interesting!

Advertisement