Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Cleere's rant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No...The Advertiser is used for the kitchen floor when wet, in my house. Its not actually meant to be read I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Anyone who's read his column in the Advertiser will know that he's got a warped sense of humour. As many people have found to their cost, humour can be misinterpreted when it's in print. That's probably why smilies were invented! To be honest, I don't think it was meant to be a rant but an attempt at satire. One which clearly didn't go down well if the reactions on the other thread are anything to go by. I notice that thread was wisely closed by a mod before it degenerated into a slanging match.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Indeed, while an interesting topic to discuss we always seem to get boged down into a slagging match.

Is the paper popular in KK? If im correct, this wouldnt be the first time such paper had a go at Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its a freebie thats stuck through the letterbox on a Tuesday. Full of ad's for houses and jobs in Galway and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm not too familiar with it, but I think it is like Waterford Today, but maybe worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I expect wellboy1976 to be posting here any min, can we just lock this thread now and get over it done with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think perhaps it was meant as some kind of retort to the following piece;
    http://www.upthedeise.com/deise/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=35

The mention of Tramore and Kilkenny in the same sentance gets me :eek:.

But I guess it's all a bit of fun too..need point getting wound up over it all :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote: »
    I expect wellboy1976 to be posting here any min, can we just lock this thread now and get over it done with? :)

Ill leave Stephen make that call... I dont see much of a problem if we keep the rants about eachother aside.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    Ill leave Stephen make that call... I dont see much of a problem if we keep the rants about eachother aside.

I agree, its upto him :D
    was merely a suggestions as this is a argument that neither side will win as both sides are as bad as each other when it comes to who owns what land and who says what about the other party...its bloody pointless

Tis all a conspiracy.. big cover up.. I can see people crying censorship now! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think I need to put something in the charter expressly telling people to shut the hell up about Kilkenny vs Waterford and the whole Kilkenny's not a city/oh yes it is argument :)

Stephen wrote: »
    I think I need to put something in the charter expressly telling people to shut the hell up about Kilkenny vs Waterford and the whole Kilkenny's not a city/oh yes it is argument :)

would be good alright, its a pointless argument that nobody will EVER agree on,

Sully, any chance of same in Waterford forum?,

Its pretty much in the charter here, tho it could do with a face lift :p

But ya, if Stephen agrees to have the same rule here - ill do the same on our side. Works both ways. However, question is: instant ban or infraction?

Lets take this conversation behind closed doors (sexy ladies may apply for access ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes it is but "This forum is not for mindless trolling by surrounding counties or uninformed / unsupported opinions" doesn't seem to be clear enough for some people :)

Advertisement