Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Advertising

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Smart Telecom is advertising in area's where its service is unavailable:confused:
    I recieve leaflets advertising broadband when the service isn't even available on the finglas exchange, when I asked them why they are delivering leaflets in Finglas they told me because its bordering Cabra and some people can get it, I live on St Margarets Road which is about 8miles from Cabra:rolleyes:
    IDIOTS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

You can get NTL 6MB download / 512K upload in your area buddy - and it's only €40 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

auggie2k wrote: »
    You can get NTL 6MB download / 512K upload in your area buddy - and it's only €40 a month.
    you can directly in the estate accross the road but i'm in one of them estates where it seems the builders slipped a few backhanders and i'm im stuck with bloody Broadworks as the sole TV provider and nothing else in my estate, I have BTIreland phone/BB though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

cynos wrote: »
    the service is unavailable:confused:
    I recieve leaflets advertising broadband when the service isn't even available on the finglas exchange, when I asked them why they are delivering leaflets in Finglas they told me because its bordering Cabra and some people can get it, I live on St Margarets Road which is about 8miles from Cabra:rolleyes:
    IDIOTS

I also live on St. Margaret's Road and received said leaflet. Ive been told by them before that they dont service the Finglas exchange so I thought great they must be doing it now.
    When I rang them up I was speaking to a woman who did seem to know what she was talking about. They do service the Finglas exchange currently but only have limited space on it. She said in the new year they will have more space and will be taking more customers. The special offer that was on the leaflet will have expired by then unfortunately.
    After thinking about it later it occurred to me that I do know more than 1 person on 6Mb broadband from Smart in Finglas too, so her story seems to add up.

Regards NTL, Im in the estate across the road from you "Hampton Wood" and though about 100 metres down the road in Hampton Wood they can get TV/Phone/Broadband from NTL all I can get is TV. Half of the estate seems to be ok, the other half not so. According to the woman I spoke to in NTL yesterday Hampton Wood Crescent (just one of the roads in my estate where I know people have BB/TV/Phone)is a different estate to Hampton Wood...

Advertisement