Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's not Dilbert... it's better!

• 28-11-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

http://www.bielewicz.com/zbeschekandseamus/

It's a comic story about Polish and Irish guy (best friends)... I know what you gonna say: enough with the Polish already. But this is different. I promise...

Please be my laugh tester...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

There is a huge uproar among Polish community about "I'm not Polish" t-shirt which you can buy in music stores in Dublin or online. According to some people, the message couldn't be more clear: there are too many of Polish here. Because of those racism claims, rumor is the t-shirt (supposedly designed by a Polish girl) is going to be withdraw from retail sale. So go shopping, as soon it may turn out that hyperlink is invalid and you can buy this t-shirt on ebay only for loads of cash. I myself no matter what angle I look at this whole situation, I find it very amusing.

See pictures of the t-shirt: http://www.bielewicz.com/zbeschekandseamus/021.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Hahaha :D Nothing against the polish whatsoever but thats pretty funny!!! :D:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Maybe it's for all the other eastern Europeans that are sick of being labelled Polish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm not Polish either. Neither am I waxer, compound or buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

humbert wrote: »
    Maybe it's for all the other eastern Europeans that are sick of being labelled Polish :)
    I haven't thought of that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm Irish and i've been asked a ****load of times if I'm Polish, or people will tell me how they though I was Polish before they heard me speak that kinda crap...

I really really really want one of them. I don't care if it's seen as racist... I'M NOT FUCKING POLISH!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

el_bandita wrote: »
    So go shopping, as soon it may turn out that hyperlink is invalid and you can buy this t-shirt on ebay only for loads of cash.

*Raises eyebrow*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

That's what I would have assumed. Do they do a "Ireland is not part of Britain. Or the UK. Or the Commonwealth." Save some conversations when abroad.

I'm not Polish either. Neither am I waxer, compound or buffer.

Brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im not polish! its not racism its feckin fact

And who is making the tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I'm Irish and i've been asked a ****load of times if I'm Polish, or people will tell me how they though I was Polish before they heard me speak that kinda crap...

I really really really want one of them. I don't care if it's seen as racist... I'M NOT FUCKING POLISH!

I thought you were polish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Dude, calm down. I have been called Italian, Spanish, American, English, an Al Quada terrorist (told the random a$$hole who said that to go f*** himself) and everything under the moon. You need to take the whole thing in your stride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

QFT!

My girlfriend is Czech & she is sick of people (Polish included) asking her is she from Poland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would imagine they get sick of being called Polish and then told 'ah sure its all the same'.

Alot of people assume Im foreign before they speak to me and its nearly always 'oh I thought you were polish or something'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

wes wrote: »
    Dude, calm down. I have been called Italian, Spanish, American, English, an Al Quada terrorist (told the random a$$hole who said that to go f*** himself) and everything under the moon. You need to take the whole thing in your stride.

yeah i know.... just get irritated when people come and start off a convo along the lines of "how long have you been in Ireland?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

yeah i know.... just get irritated when people come and start off a convo along the lines of "how long have you been in Ireland?"

I know the feeling, but in my case I can understand, as my family came here in the 70's (I was born and lived here all my life) and I don't look Irish to be fair. I can only imagine how much worse it must be for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How is this racism? If I wore a tshirt that says "My name is not John" would that mean I don't like anyone called John? Haha, I wouldn't mind one of these actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

it's funny all right. Sign of the times i suppose.

I can see many poles getting them, i wouldn't mind one myself.

And it's a good point about other EE wanting one as well.

But at the same time it could be quite dangerous wearing one and stumbling across bunch of polish dopes who after few drinks are feeling very patriotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

How is it racist saying your not Polish.... You're just stating a fact? Stupid PC people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

I can't see how the Polish community see it as rascism considering how a lot of polish advertise themselves as Polish painters etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Arent the poles the blacks of europe? ...oh no ,i remember now it's the Dubs ......northide or southside dubs ? hmmmmm ponders :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

What I have written on my chest matters even less than where I'm from.

When are we going to get past this kind of bullsh!t, as a group I mean?

Remember that case about the 'getting arrested for wearing x tshirt' from the UK a while back? To paraphrase Lois Griffin, "Fúcking idiots"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 beeper

ok, lets make a stack of them and counteract this ridiculousness. Who's for a "Minority Group" tshirt?

beeper wrote: »
    ok, lets make a stack of them and counteract this ridiculousness. Who's for a "Minority Group" tshirt?

The "I'm not a Dub" line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lets put it in context.Imagine 10 15 or 20 years ago hundreds ,maybe thousends of people walking around London or any other europen city with a tee shirt logo saying '' i'm not irish '' ?

although on the other hand i suppose anything goes these days .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

latchyco wrote: »
    Lets put it in context.Imagine 10 15 or 20 years ago hundreds ,maybe thousends of people walking around London or any other europen city with a tee shirt logo saying '' i'm not irish '' ?

although on the other hand i suppose anything goes these days .

I don't know. I think the difference is that Irish got a lot of sh1t from Brits, "No irish allowed signs" and this sort of thing, and there is nothing like this going on here. I think anyone with a bit of cop on would know it's just a laugh.

To be honest if I was in another country where I knew there was some hostility toward Irish and I started seeing "I'm not Irish" T-shirts cropping up I'd feel quite uncomfortable. I still don't think people should be prevented from wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

I have nothing against the Polish, or the t-shirt (freedom of speech, no?) - but what sort of a knob would wear one anyway - that's the bigger question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I think that is incredibly racist. I am going to complain straight away. This is supposed to be an inclusive nation where everybody shares equally. I demand that they be available in every EU language, including Polish. (not everyone reads Engerlish you know)
    :D
    Actually "polish" is the pronunciation many Chinese use for Portlaois, so could you do it in Chinese too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

deisemum wrote: »
    I can't see how the Polish community see it as rascism considering how a lot of polish advertise themselves as Polish painters etc.

Having polish (the word, not the stuff you use to make your shoes look more presentable) on a van is a way of saying "hire us - we may not be quite as good as certified tradesmen but we're cheaper, and have less work on, so should get the job done quicker!" :o

Advertisement