Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's not Dilbert... it's better!

2»

Comments

I want one of these that says "Feck off, I don't work here and I'll growl if you assume I do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's funny how the quote on the website is the exact same quote you posted on boards. Shill much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I want one of these that says "Feck off, I don't work here and I'll growl if you assume I do".
    Wow, that would be totally hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Do they have any "I'm not British" t-shirts (for holidays abroad)?

The following t-shirts would sell like hot-cakes:
    "I'm not gay"
    "I'm not black"
    "I'm not a <insert religion>"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Archeron

I want one that says
    "I'M NOT A SCANGER...
    I'm wearing a tracksuit because I'm going to the gym"

Hopefully, people called Anto will then stop asking what the staaaaary is.

This could be a good investment opportunity in fact. Think of the possibilities?
    "if you ask me for directions I will probably send you the wrong way"
    "no I dont want to sponsor your charity"
    "a pint of Miller and a bag of crisps please"
    "calm down, I'm not a store detective".
    "why yes, I'd love to hear your opinions about Jebus"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Funnily enough one of the Polish guys in the Boards.ie Cybernations [/URL=http://www.cnbaps.com/]alliance[/URL] has the phrase "Not Irish" in his user tag...guess he's sick of us constantly describing ourselves as an Irish alliance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Archeron wrote: »
    I want one that says
    "I'M NOT A SCANGER...
    I'm wearing a tracksuit because I'm going to the gym"

Hopefully, people called Anto will then stop asking what the staaaaary is.

....thats assuming Anto can read...:rolleyes:

actually, im freekin belgian, im gettin a t-shirts that says:

I'm not polish
    But im DEFINITLY not Irish either"

that way, its not as racist, by being even more racist agains the Irish..... (ha, theres an paradox worth chewin on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Does anyone here actually know any Polish people who were outraged by this? All my Polish mates think it's funny.

****ing papers kicking up fictional **** again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

tbh wrote: »
    it's funny how the quote on the website is the exact same quote you posted on boards. Shill much?

My bad, feel free to delete the web site link...

layke wrote: »
    Does anyone here actually know any Polish people who were outraged by this? All my Polish mates think it's funny.

Some morons do find it offensive: http://www.gazeta.ie/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=37539&view=findpost&p=151732 <- post thread regarding this t-shirt at Polish forum :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

D.T.Jesus wrote:
    If I wore a tshirt that says "My name is not John" would that mean I don't like anyone called John? Haha, I wouldn't mind one of these actually.
    Bloody namists:D
    beans wrote: »
    Remember that case about the 'getting arrested for wearing x tshirt' from the UK a while back?
    Inspiral Carpets 'Cool as F#<k'

I'd say it was crime against fashion, good music and truth. There was no way you'd be c.a.f in them flairs and they only had one semi decent tune.
    Not their only crime...
    wikipedia wrote:
    At the time of their initial success, the band earned some notoriety for their squiggly-eyed cow 'Cool as ****' T-shirts; a student at Oxford Polytechnic was prosecuted on obscenity charges for wearing one. One of their roadies, Noel Gallagher, who was rejected in an audition to be the band's vocalist, went on to great success with the band Oasis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

"Dont call me n!gger, whitey"

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

el_bandita wrote: »
    Some morons do find it offensive: http://www.gazeta.ie/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=37539&view=findpost&p=151732 <- post thread regarding this t-shirt at Polish forum :(

I had a look at that. There is only two lads who think it's racist, one of them doesn't live in Ireland btw., the rest of the people is telling them to build a bridge basically. And this thread is not really about the t-shirts anymore, it's a big fight about nothing really, who earns more money, this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

It would be interesting to get a translation of that forum. I'm sure what they have to say about the Irish would put this thread to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

My girlfriend's polish and she would laugh at that if we passed someone wearing it on the street, racist my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

funny situation lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I want a t-shirt that says "Im not polish" on the front. And on the back, it says "Oprócz możesz wciąż całować się mi wprawdzie", which should mean "but you can kiss me anyway".

I should get some smiles. And maybe a frown from my girlfriend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

DonJose wrote: »
    It would be interesting to get a translation of that forum. I'm sure what they have to say about the Irish would put this thread to shame.

They don't really talk much about the Irish. I think admins don't allow any types of serious giving out. It's more what to do here, how to get started (PPS, job, which places are best to avoid when you rent, this type of thing) A lot of giving out about Poles in Ireland - we love that.

It doesn't seem to be too active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I was in Poland once and people thought I was Polish. When I was in Bulgaria they thought I was Bulgarian and recently in Manchester I went into a Czech shop and they thought I was Czech. I need a tshirt that says 'fist me Im Irish'

syklops wrote: »
    And on the back, it says "Oprócz możesz wciąż całować się mi wprawdzie", which should mean "but you can kiss me anyway".
    No it doesn't. You used some kind of online translator, haven't you? It should be "ale mimo wszystko możesz mnie pocałować". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What the tee shirts should say "I am not Polish but I wish I was"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

No it doesn't. You used some kind of online translator, haven't you? It should be "ale mimo wszystko możesz mnie pocałować". :D

Either that or his Polish girlfriend isn't really Polish!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

DonJose wrote: »
    Either that or his Polish girlfriend isn't really Polish!!!
    Or maybe he just doesn't have a girlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

so buying a ton of these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can I get one that says "I'm not Polish but my cleaning lady is..."?
    Gets coat and runs :D

Also one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Threads merged. OP: Enough pimping. ¬_¬

Advertisement