Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel vectra gts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never a great car for GM. The Vectra generally suffers from heavy depreciation as the car is unloved by the public. The MkII Vectra being one of the poorest built and reliable cars on the road at the time. Most varients bought are 1.6 litre petrol or 2.0 litre diesel models so a 1.8 litre GTS should be going farely cheap now. On the plus side the GTS seems well equipped for the money and looks nicer with the larger alloy wheels, sporty bumpers/side skirts and tinted head lights.

Don't pay too much money for one though as prices will fall even further over the next 6 months as the new replacement model called Insignia hits the road.

BTW the links in your post are not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Mark 2 being Vectra B? I've had one for about two years, 1.6, never really had a problem with it. That said it is a bit of a dog on petrol. Other than that its fine, easy enough car to work on too for the weekend warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Have had 3 Vectras C's and they're fine. Theres a lot of bias against them left over from the 96 Vectra B which was ****e.

The 03 1.8 petrol is very hard on fuel. I had one and it was only giving around 22 - 25mpg in the city. The more recent VVT is much better.

The only thing I had go wrong with them is the well known suspension knock problem which is cured by fitting a larger cup for the shock. Most cars have now had this resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had one of the MkII Vectras and it broke my heart.

The newer model is probably alot better and the post facelifted model of 2005 better again but for similar money I would opt for a same year Mazda 6 or Ford Mondeo over the Vectra. At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

thanks for your replies would it be possible to get one for around the 10-11 k mark though is really what im looking to find out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Sorry, the links are working now

Advertisement