Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie Domain Registration

Options
  • 28-11-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I just registered a .ie domain name and am looking to set up a email address associated with this address,

How do i go about doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Have you got the domain hosting setup ? Or have you just registered the name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

FRM wrote: »
    Have you got the domain hosting setup ? Or have you just registered the name ?

no i have just registered the name so far actually just in the finishing process at the mo... but i need to be able to create my own email addresses for the domain name end ie................ john,paddy,frank@newdomainname.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gmcg wrote: »
    no i have just registered the name so far actually just in the finishing process at the mo... but i need to be able to create my own email addresses for the domain name end ie................ john,paddy,frank@newdomainname.ie

If you've no mail server, how did you expect to setup email addresses?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

With whom did you register the address? HAve you taken out a hosting option that includes emails ?

Do you intend hosting yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gmcg wrote: »
    Hi,

I just registered a .ie domain name and am looking to set up a email address associated with this address,

How do i go about doing this?

You will need to buy a hosting package and assign it your domain name. then you will be able to setup emails website etc etc from teh sites control panel. Make sure the hosting you but offers emails addresses. I use siteground myself but there are loads of suppliers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

The Muppet wrote: »
    You will need to buy a hosting package and assign it your domain name. then you will be able to setup emails website etc etc from teh sites control panel. Make sure the hosting you but offers emails addresses. I use siteground myself but there are loads of suppliers out there.

What is the cost of hosting with siteground. I cannot send them a mail from their page

Advertisement