Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Price Increase

Options
  • 28-11-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

My neighbor uses Perlico for broadband. He got his bill last week and brought it over to show me - the price for monthly broadband rose from €16.99 to €42.99. There was no mention of this anywhere else, and it's a huge jump. He tried to ring a few times, and spent a half hour on hold in the queue.

Anyone else notice this or have this happen??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Presumably there was an offer for free line rental that has now expired?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sounds like it alright,

Best for him to contact Perlico,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Its very likely he went over his download limit.

Its not normal behaviour anyway so best for him to contact Perlico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

When I contacted Perlico about their service I ran a mile once they told me what their traffic allowance was. It is possible that he has exceeded his allowance, but the round figure of €42.99 makes that less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

That appears to be it. We rang Perlico and they said now they add a 42.50 charge on top of the monthly charge when you go over the 10gig limit.

Also, anyone else notice they were bought out by Vodaphone? They also increased all of their monthly fees, making them more expensive than Eircom.

Add on that 'fee' for using more than 10 gigs (which is very easy if you do lots of online gaming on yer Xbox360), and they are the most expensive on the Irish market right now.

I had him switch to BT - they offer 3 meg transfers with 30 gig caps (thats three times faster with three times as much transfer usage) for about €20 less than Perlico does!

• Advertisement
Advertisement