Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use steering wheel from couch. Can it be done?

Options
  • 28-11-2007 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok, i'm getting sick of using analogue sticks for driving games. Would it be possible to use a steering wheel while sitting on the couch? Where would the gear and peddles go?

Wondering if someone has ever set this up?

Of those of you who do use steering wheels how do you have them set up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Im A Hotmail

It can be done but it'll be ****e, even with the wheels you can put under your legs.

Best plan of attack is find a coffee table or something and get one of those wheels with clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It can be done but it'll be ****e, even with the wheels you can put under your legs.

Best plan of attack is find a coffee table or something and get one of those wheels with clamps.

there are ones that go under your legs? which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I've mentioned it before and, so help me, I'll mention it again...

Ironing board FTW!

... height adjustable, so you can find a level thats comfortable for both, both your legs and both your arms... both.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ah class idea, been looking foward to hooking my pc and my bros g25 to the 50" tv but had no clue what i could set it up on.

But an ironing board. Brilliant! I am in your debt sir

now I have to ask... im going to be getting a PS3 in the new year, but currently i'm playing racing games on the PC. Is there a steering wheel that is compatible with both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Logitech G25 works on both....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Double post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

The Table-Mate is another option here for your wheel Tried the ol' ironing board alright - downside is it reminds the missus to start giving ironing orders!

Darwin wrote: »
    The Table-Mate is another option here for your wheel Tried the ol' ironing board alright - downside is it reminds the missus to start giving ironing orders!

lol...thats exactly what I was thinking. I could see the wife saying something along the lines of "well while you've got it out, here, theres the ironing that needs to be done for the week"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I could see the wife saying something along the lines of "well while you've got it out, here, theres the ironing that needs to be done for the week"

Ah, ironing, is there a worse chore?

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    Ah, ironing, is there a worse chore?

well as I work as a sysadmin I never really need to iron anything, in fact the more unkempt you look the more seniority you must have, as i'm root I look like a pig most of the week :D its like the exact reversal of the business end of the company. So I never am near the ironing board, I don't want it to become a chore of convenience just because I use it racing games.

Back OT, are all Logitech controllers compatible with the PS3 and PC? Does the PS3 use USB ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Tried it years ago from a couch, kept slipping out from under my legs. Nearly threw the thing out the window.

... never again!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Back OT, are all Logitech controllers compatible with the PS3 and PC? Does the PS3 use USB ports?

I cant remember, I know sony have the ps3 open to 3rd party wheels, so I assume if logitech have drivers for it the wheel will work. I know the 60gb has usb(4).... I assume the 40gb still does as its how u charge the joypad... think it only has two... Anyways, thats how u connect the wheel...

There's 3 wheels listed on the PS3 site that work on the PS3... I wish microsoft would do the same with the 360. There's pants all in the way of wheels for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Darwin wrote: »

come in just to lol for this!

i have been using controller for all types of games....maybe time to get a wheel...hmmm...:rolleyes:

seraphimvc wrote: »
    come in just to lol for this!

i have been using controller for all types of games....maybe time to get a wheel...hmmm...:rolleyes:

Its just games like DiRT and now the speed challenges in NFS:PS really require the accuracy of a steering wheel. I'm finding i'm playing more and more racing games (currently playing akimbo DiRT, NFS:PS, ToCA3 and Sega Rally Revo... with some online Flatout 2 racing)

Advertisement