Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkey this christmas?

• 28-11-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone know where is the best place to buy a fresh turkey this christmas in dublin?
    bought one last year from tesco and wasnt over impressed

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do you have a proper butcher near you? They may be worth a shot.

I get my bird from a local butcher - who in turn sources the birds from a local breeder. I also get him to throw me in a few extra sets of giblets & carcasses for making soup too.

You'd probably need to order your turkey from the butcher in advance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't know about Dublin but in general any good butchers will provide nice fresh ones. You do need to order in advance though. I know a lot of people are placing their orders in the next week or so. It's so much less hassle if you can just forget about it until you have to collect it. (Having said that, Mammy orders and collects the turkey, so what do I know!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My family order our turkey and ham from our local butcher in advance, then my Dad goes to collect it on Christmas Eve. They usually provide, tea, coffee and bacon sambos for the queue. Apparently it's all very nice :)

Our local butcher would be Lawlors on the Upr Rathmines Rd. I think the order is being placed this week.

Advertisement