Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clickable Region in Background

Options
  • 28-11-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello, could you please help me solve this problem, I believe it's possible - see the top of this page and there is a button "Register Now for Your Success!".

How to make it clickable as it is a part of the background? I want to put there a href="#register". Could you please help me? As an amateur, I have been desperately looking for some tips on w3schools.com, but unsuccessfully.

Thanks a million!

Simona Rusnakova
    3R Sales and Marketing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

To be honest ... I'd change your background image and just include the image aligned to the right there. Similar to what you have further down the page.

If not you are going to have problems similar to whats occuring at the moment with text flowing over the image

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

By the way you appear to be doing some crazy things in your html there.
      <h1 align="left">&nbsp; </h1>
      <h1 align="left">&nbsp;</h1>
      <h1 align="right">&nbsp;</h1>

is one of the craziest things I've seen in a while especially when ye are a company offering online marketing services ... h tags should only every be used for titles

This can be replaced by
    <div  style="margin:280px 20px 0 0;">

drop all the
    align="left"

that you have in there as well as you're just making the code bulkier

In this day and age you shouldn't really be using tables either

I'd recommend that you go on a course in webdesign or invest some time in investigating CSS based design

Your google Adwords qualified person should really be linking to the google check to verify this

A lot of the imagery you're using seems out of place on the site seems very poor and pixelated as well ask your designer to provide better quality imagery

I also wonder why the background imagei s 843x1640 pixels there is a hell of a lot of white space in it that you don't really need.

Anyways I threw up the the graphics here
    http://www.forbairtmedia.ie/samples/2007-11-28/backgroundimage/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

That was really fast, thank you for your advice.

Simona

Advertisement