Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Rip off!

Options
  • 28-11-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

I booked a hotel in Dublin4 ( Grand Canal Hotel) this morning for 109.99 on the 25/5/08 and 20 minutes later I had to book another room in the same hotel for some friends and they had increased the price to 229.00 in the space of 20 minutes because they heard that the was a concert on in the RDS that night.

Bloody RIP OFF!!:mad:

Is that allowed?
    Regards,
    Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

yep, they can do anything they like I'm afraid. You should have booked it online, I generally do mine on Ireland's Best Hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

maddog wrote: »
    I booked a hotel in Dublin4 ( Grand Canal Hotel) this morning for 109.99 on the 25/5/08 and 20 minutes later I had to book another room in the same hotel for some friends and they had increased the price to 209.00 in the space of 20 minutes because they heard that the was a concert on in the RDS that night.

Bloody RIP OFF!!:mad:

Is that allowed?
    Regards,
    Brendan
    Yep it is allowed.Just ring them up and ask them they might give you another room for the same price.Just say you have a booking already

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

That's the thing, I had gone back and asked for another room for 2 guests under the same booking 20 minutes later.

An extra 111.00 Euro's in 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Don't stay there then !

Try here and see what they say , its literally 50 steps away from the one you booked.

http://www.schoolhousehotel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ya the old supply and demand im afraid....unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

www.d4hotels.com stay in Jury's for €155.

You should be able to cancel with no fee.

edit:actually the fee is minimal for cancelling. €3.50 per room. Do it! (Book Jurys first)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Well did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I just tried on a hotel booking engine and that hotel is available to book at
    €105.68 including breakfast and all taxes included

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

I had already one room booked there ..... so I wasn't paying that price of 229 for another room for my friends so I booked them into another hotel for the grand price of 109.

I was just pissed that they could up the price that much so fast, granted there price may have gone down now but maybe it's because nobody was willing to pay 229.

Regards,
    Maddog.

Cheers for your comments.

Advertisement