Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent

Options
  • 28-11-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I know there is a thread for this above but this is very urgent. Can anybody foster a 9year old female rottie for 2-4 weeks? She is currently on borrowed time and has 24hrs to find a new home. I can send a link to anyone who may be able to help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I can't, but whereabouts are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I heard of her through Dogs in Distress. http://www.dogsindistress.org/node/342
    I'm not sure exactly where they are but north Dublin I think or around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

DiD is a pound rescue so I presume the dog is in Ashton Pound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I heard of her through Dogs in Distress. http://www.dogsindistress.org/node/342
    I'm not sure exactly where they are but north Dublin I think or around that area.

Dogs in Distress are located in Ashtown, Dublin. Just at the back of 'The Halfway House' pub on the Navan Road (N3).

Anyone looking to home a dog would do well to look through the dogs in their 'urgent matters' forum.

Sadly I can't look at this Rottie as I'm banned from DiD.org :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

How come you got banned?

Maybe if nobody can foster, if people could donate some money to DID to pay for her to stay in boarding kennels for a while until something more permanent can be sorted out..... boarding kennels are about €10 per night I think.

• Advertisement

kerrysgold wrote: »
    How come you got banned?

I only have an idea that it was because I critisized (sp'ing, too tired to spell check) they're new forum, although they asked for opinions.

But thats only a guess. Tbh, I could care less. I cared more for the dogs than the personalities involved.

Oh, I've saved a few quid since my banning, plus my I'm not on at my OH to rescue every poor dog I seen posted.

The dogs loss, not mine. But I still point people to DiD.org as I still care.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Charisma

I am a new member of DID and also have been posting everywhere I can to try save this beautifull girl.
    I cant take her as I have two Rotties already ,both rescue dogs and the biggest joy in my life.already. Please please anybody reading this who is considering getting a dog or who would be interested in fostering for a while to see if you are truly suited to having a dog permanantley, goto www.dogsindistress.org and at least take a look at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good news, Jacki found a foster home, but her permament home fell through :( , at least she's out of harms way for now. I was directed to DID through someone else and had never been on their site before. I haven't been off it since. It's so heartbreaking. Having two cats I can't do as much as I would like (however I might be taking Jacki for a weekend :D ) but it got me to thinking, is there a "cats in distress" or similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sebastianv

but it got me to thinking, is there a "cats in distress" or similar?

There are a few cat organizations in my area (Dublin) who always seem to be needing help.
    Two of my cats came from cats aid many moons ago and the other (who had kittens under my shed) Was neutered by kitten adoption and they found homes for the kittens and we kept the mother.
    I am sure the local DSPCA also look for help on occasion too. There does seem to be little help offered for the cats.
    Reading through cats aid and kitten adoption web site, cats aid seem desperate for foster people and kitten adoption are looking for donations of food to feed their stray colonies, both groups so fantastic work.
    I also know my own vet Hillcrest have a 4 months old Tabby kitten who is urgently looking for a home, unfortunately with 2 dogs and 5 cats we couldn't help this time.
    Seb
    Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

Mairt wrote: »
    Dogs in Distress are located in Ashtown, Dublin. Just at the back of 'The Halfway House' pub on the Navan Road (N3).

Anyone looking to home a dog would do well to look through the dogs in their 'urgent matters' forum.

Sadly I can't look at this Rottie as I'm banned from DiD.org :rolleyes:

Don't really want to nitpick but I think it's important to point out that Dogs In Distress don't actually have a premises and are not located in Ashton. They help the Ashton dogs and rely on people being able to foster the dogs that they take out.
    For those that aren't banned ;) you should check out their website! For those that are, the Urgent Matters in http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=4 sometimes has DID dogs posted also!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

sebastianv wrote: »
    I also know my own vet Hillcrest have a 4 months old Tabby kitten who is urgently looking for a home, unfortunately with 2 dogs and 5 cats we couldn't help this time.
    Seb
    Seb

Seb - maybe you could put the details about this kitten up on the Good Homes Wanted thread? There are people there looking for kittens at the mo. Or maybe PM them the vet's phone no.

Wokie wrote: »
    Don't really want to nitpick but I think it's important to point out that Dogs In Distress don't actually have a premises and are not located in Ashton. They help the Ashton dogs and rely on people being able to foster the dogs that they take out.
    For those that aren't banned ;) you should check out their website! For those that are, the Urgent Matters in http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=4 sometimes has DID dogs posted also!:)

Nit Picker :p

But your right of course, however I fail to see why its important. It all boils down to the same thing really.

The DiD people do great work in re-homing and fostering dogs out of Ashtown pound. Dogs who would otherwise be killed!.

Advertisement