Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I'm looking for an Oil Drain pan like this one

Options
  • 28-11-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I've been searching everywhere around Dublin looking for a Drain pan like this one, has anyone seen them for sale anywhere?

2071533940_9d2c84f4b0_o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Any good motor factors should have them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If you have a plastic bucket, just cut it in half, and drill a hole on the top of it to pour the oil out. Cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Get a 25l drum (Not the circular type)

Put it on it's side, cut it in half. You'll have a large area 10l pan that isint too tall. The problem with using abucket is you'll probably have to jack the car up to fit it under the sump

Like this: http://www.sydneybiodiesel.com/photos/Drums/DrumSydneyBiodieselLogo.jpg

Free too!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

A friend of mine brought one of these back from the states and is very handy for pouring used oil back into the can without a funnel and all the mess that goes with it. Its just I haven't seen them in any Motor factors here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A Google on "Oil Drain pan site:co.uk" revealed a number of hits, including ...

http://www.dynospill.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=113&osCsid=70bcff20ddf6e5f7acaa1dd3570b52e4

No sensible returns from the same query with "site:ie" instead, not entirely unsurprisingly.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    A Google on "Oil Drain pan site:co.uk" revealed a number of hits, including ...

http://www.dynospill.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=113&osCsid=70bcff20ddf6e5f7acaa1dd3570b52e4

No sensible returns from the same query with "site:ie" instead, not entirely unsurprisingly.

I found them on Ebay too but they want 12 Pound Sterling for shipping. I know Draper Tools do one, I just need to find someone that stocks it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Dubsmax wrote: »
    A friend of mine brought one of these back from the states and is very handy for pouring used oil back into the can without a funnel and all the mess that goes with it. Its just I haven't seen them in any Motor factors here.

Didnt think about that, I take it for granted cause ive the use of an oil dump tank thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Get an old 5 ltr oil container, one of the ones with the pull out type nozzle. Cut a hole in the side and use that to drain your oil into.

I think I might chase the Ebay Route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

well, did you try Halfords?

I've seen them in car accessory shops and motor factors, here. If you've got the Draper no, any of their dealers here will get one for you - cheaper than ordering it from UK, too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

I've seen them in jl fenton in greenogue business park, rathcoole. I think they were fairly cheap 10 or 20 quid

Advertisement