Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs On TV3?

Options
  • 28-11-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

I read this quote on the TV3 website, but the game is not on Thursday - Anyone know the story? (I know it is on Setanta ireland)

"
    TV3 Deputy Director of News Bob Hughes said: "We’re delighted to have signed up a first class team for our UEFA cup coverage. Having secured exclusive rights to Tottenham’s home matches, Chris and Ray give us an excellent perspective as former Spurs stars."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spurs4eva

Its because TV3 have bought "i'm a celebrity?" from ITV and the times clash
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Spurs4eva wrote: »
    Its because TV3 have bought "i'm a celebrity?" from ITV and the times clash
    COYS

So basically they have go back on there "exclusive comment" BullSh1t, fecing wankurs!!!:D

John W wrote: »
    So basically they have go back on there "exclusive comment" BullSh1t, fecing wankurs!!!:D

Plus the extra revenue from the ads they get to show, that they couldn't have during the match

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If you have Sky subscription you can watch the game on ITV4

I copied and pasted this from the ITV Sport Website:

UEFA Cup Live: Tottenham v Aalborg BK, 7.00pm-10.00pm on ITV4 + itv.com

Alternatively its the local pub. Thats what i'll be doing.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    If you have Sky subscription you can watch the game on ITV4

I copied and pasted this from the ITV Sport Website:

UEFA Cup Live: Tottenham v Aalborg BK, 7.00pm-10.00pm on ITV4 + itv.com

Alternatively its the local pub. Thats what i'll be doing.

Or Setanta Ireland if you have the basic NTL package, tins on the couch COYS

• Advertisement

I have Sky Sports, ITV, and Setanta (much to my wifes dismay), it is the principle that TV3 would advertise this big coupe and entice Spurs fans by saying they will "exclusively" cover ALL Spurs EUFA cup games, only to drop it without a by or leave! Fair play to Setanta Ireland, I see that have the Spurs away game also next week (previously only available on TV5, which I don't get!). I usually watched all Spurs away EUFA cup games on www.freelivefooty.tv as I couldn't get channel 5. Why the fookers at Channel 5 won't let Sky broadcast them I have no idea!
    Anyway, COYS home and away in EUFA Cup on any TV, Sat or Internet connection!!!:D

TV3 did say that but thats because they are getting thr boradcast from ITV. ITV are nearly sticking to their promise by showing game on one of their other channels(that being ITV4).

On their main channel ITV1 (or UTV as we get in ROI) theyre showing 'Im a Celebrity', jnust like TV3.

Anyway I've told the missus we cant get the game at home so I'm heading for a few pints to me local to watch it. Fingers crossed she doesnt accidentally switch on Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I've emailed TV3 to complain:
    Spurs Match on Thursday

I want to express my disgust that TV3 will not be showing the Spurs match on Thursday.

Getting rights to matches is only a coup and selling point for your channel if you use them; spewing out even more simulcasts of crap UK shows featuring unknown "celebrities" is ridiculous.

Why not switch off altogether and just relay UTV/ITV all the time if you are going to be governed by their schedules and output ?

Why not offer the match to another channel for free ? After all, TV3 isn't using the rights......

I know that some people find watching unknowns and wannabes eating bugs entertaining; you could still cater for them by showing their programme at a deferred time, while honouring your promise to show the live matches. Of course, this runs the risk of those people switching over to UTV/ITV at that time to get their fix and then forgetting to switch back because they can't tell the difference.

Disgraceful!

Liam Byrne
    Limerick

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I've emailed TV3 to complain:

This was the response frob Bob Hughes Director of Sports

"Hi John,
    Thanks for the e-mail. We decided to go for the match at Anderlecht tomorrow week instead of the Aalborg match. We felt it would be the decider. It was one or the other. We could have kept Aalborg but we wouldn’t have had the option on Anderlecht if we had.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Bob ":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If that is indeed the case then fair enough, although selling themselves as "having the Spurs UEFA cup matches" is a little rich if they only have a limited number of matches that they can take.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

In case anyone doesn't already know you can add ITV4 to your Sky box as an extra channel.

Full details here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038749

Anyone know how to add channel 5!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add channel 5!!!!!

ITV2/3/4 etc are all Free to Air whereas Channel 5 is Free to View meaning you need a card to see it. Cant add Channel 5 to an Irish Sky card. The only way you can receive Channel 5 in Ireland on a Sky box is with a UK card.

yiddo wrote: »
    ITV2/3/4 etc are all Free to Air whereas Channel 5 is Free to View meaning you need a card to see it. Cant add Channel 5 to an Irish Sky card. The only way you can receive Channel 5 in Ireland on a Sky box is with a UK card.
    Anyone know where I can purchase (on the cheap) a sky card!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ask on the satellite board.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Is the Anderlect game on tv3 tomorrow? According to Bob Hughes they are to show it but on the tv3 website there is no mention of it on tomorrows tv listing! Does anybody know if it is on?

TV3 are showing the game live on the TV. Coverage starts from 7:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

thank you for clearing that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Did anybody else think this was the most negative commentary they ever heard? Unfortunately because i was out had to settle for rerun and had no chance to change.

Why do TV stations pick such dic.heads to do games?

galinka wrote: »

Why do TV stations pick such dic.heads to do games?
    Budget!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

heard he was brutal alrite i watched the game on setanta and pat dolan wasnt much better id say,even though i agreed with a lot of the stuff he was saying about jenas especially.

Advertisement