Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Towing company

Options
  • 28-11-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi, hoping someone can help me out. One of the girls in work car was involved in a crash and taken to the ITS yard on the naas road, the car is bits probably worth about 500 quid and at this moment the storage bill is 400, she wants to just leave the thing there, will they find her and charge her or will they just crush the car??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Who are this ITS crowd and why are they stinging so many people? Is it a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

They are the company the gardai use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i know 2 poeple who didnt bother to collect their car in a similar situation and nothing ever came of it., i wouldnt worry.,

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

vtec wrote: »
    i know 2 poeple who didnt bother to collect their car in a similar situation and nothing ever came of it., i wouldnt worry.,

Thanks Vtec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

They are the company the gardai use.
    The guards also use Gannon recovery.What other company do they use?

• Advertisement

Are they more expensive than a company the Gardai don't use?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ballooba wrote: »
    Are they more expensive than a company the Gardai don't use?

Lets say it costs 100eur for a tow if the public call them, I reckon theyd charge teh Gardai 150euro

Just like a windscreen costs much more if you go through the insurance, rather than paying for it yourself.

And also crash repair places. A 1000euro job will probably be 1500 if going through the insurance

It's not the Garda that pay. The Garda call ITS and the owner of the vehicle pays.

Advertisement