Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Legendary, co-op, how long?

• 28-11-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a thread in the Halo forum but no replies yet so I though I'd give here a go.

My friends and I are going to give Halo 3 a good old lash this weekend at a little LAN we're having

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it will take to finish the campaign with 4 of us on legendary???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I'd say probably the same amount of time as single player on normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I have no idea of your skill (read:how sad you are) so I'm going to say between a day and a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

At what difficulty? Depends how good you all are :confused:

I'd guess you could do it in under 10 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

grizzly wrote: »
    At what difficulty? Depends how good you all are :confused:

I'd guess you could do it in under 10 hours.

Legendary.

Planning on doing this myself soon with one or two more. I was thinking it would take 10-15 hours if there was 2 of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

bucks73 wrote: »
    Legendary.

Planning on doing this myself soon with one or two more. I was thinking it would take 10-15 hours if there was 2 of us.

You'll find it quicker as you can keep respawning as long as someone stay alive at all times. Best tactic is to keep one player back sniping and take turns on "point".

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan. Hope to get it going soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Massive Halo fan, getting 3 with a 360 for XMAS

BUT...

As like Halo 2 Legendary co-op, if player 2 dies is it back to last checkpoint

OR...

a lá Halo 1, play can continue?

Yeah if one dies, play continues for anyone else who is alive. Unless of course you turn on the Iron skull. Then if one gets killed, everyone goes back to last checkpoint.

Think I will leave this one turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Well there are 4 of us so it should be slightly quicker than if there were just one person

I have no clue how it will go but I will report my findings anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Thank you kind sir,

I shall look forward to hearing from you on xmas eve on LIVE

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    Well there are 4 of us so it should be slightly quicker than if there were just one person

I have no clue how it will go but I will report my findings anyway

Please do. Id be interested in how ye get on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It took me around 8-9 hours with 3-4 people!

As was said above one stay back and the rest attack...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

What setting do you have to put on if you want the other achievements for the points in the meta game?

Antamojo wrote: »
    What setting do you have to put on if you want the other achievements for the points in the meta game?

You can have it on any difficulty level apart from easy and then use any number of skulls. The more skulls you have on, the higher your score multiplier. 3 or 4 skulls on normal difficulty and its handy to get the scores required.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Cool
    I was wondering whether you set it as free for all or team scoring

If you are playing on your own set it to free for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Took me, and three friend on ledge, just under 6 hours on launch night.

Took me, and three friend on ledge, just under 6 hours on launch night.

cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

bucks73 wrote: »
    You can have it on any difficulty level apart from easy and then use any number of skulls. The more skulls you have on, the higher your score multiplier. 3 or 4 skulls on normal difficulty and its handy to get the scores required.

i wouldnt boter trying to get the meta acheivements in a co-op game, believe it or not its actually easier to get them on SP.
    I completed legendary in co-op with just one other friend, took about the same as completing it on heroic on single player. Great fun tho, you get some great saved movies/screenshots from it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Vegeta wrote: »
    I posted a thread in the Halo forum but no replies yet so I though I'd give here a go.

My friends and I are going to give Halo 3 a good old lash this weekend at a little LAN we're having

Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it will take to finish the campaign with 4 of us on legendary???

If your not collecting skulls etc, you'd probably do it in 3-4hours tops.

With four people its great crack, and your can p!ss through it.

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote: »
    i wouldnt boter trying to get the meta acheivements in a co-op game, believe it or not its actually easier to get them on SP.
    I completed legendary in co-op with just one other friend, took about the same as completing it on heroic on single player. Great fun tho, you get some great saved movies/screenshots from it :D

Oh yeah did the meta achievements on my own. Breezed through it.

Will be doing legendary with one or mayeb 2 others soon.

This was very very easy

we got a lot of the skulls too and if we hadn't stopped for food or suffered a disconnection I'd say 6-7 hours no hassle at all

Great fun though

I will also add that the Halo story line is so ****e its painful.

I wasn't paying 100% attention as it was 4 lads having a laugh but I just didn't know wtf was going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The domination was ridiculous!! We were all decent enough players, actually all of us post on boards, but one of the other 2 lads is amazing!! Some of us played 2v2 team deathmatch, first to 50. He had 45 kills on the winning team! Ouch!

but one of the other 2 lads is amazing!! Some of us played 2v2 team deathmatch, first to 50. He had 45 kills on the winning team! Ouch!

Crazy talent in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

anyone up for co-op on legendary? id like to do it with 3 other players

Hey forza...just actually started last night with one other player. Only did first two levels. Fancy jumping in from third level with us? I could always go back and do first two with you when finished then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

are u playing tonight bucks.

Yep....will be on about 10.15. Just trying to recruit another there. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement