Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Booster pack problems

Options
  • 28-11-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

I have the euro forces and armoured fury booster packs (got them as a combined pack DVD) and everything's installed and updated, but when I go to join a Euro Forces game I'm told I'm barred since I need to install and activate the pack and to go buy it from the EA website :-/

Has anyone encountered this before, or know how to resolve it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Thanks Silverfish \o/

I feel stupid now :confused:

When activating the pack, the EA website is prompting me to log in, yet my BF2 login name/password doesn't seem to be recognised. Is it this that it's asking for, or shall I need to create a seperate EA account and point it at the BF2 account?

Are you using the soldier name you play Battlefield 2 with?

Silverfish wrote: »
    Are you using the soldier name you play Battlefield 2 with?

I am indeedy.

It's your gamespy ID you need to use.

• Advertisement

It's your gamespy ID you need to use.

Hang on a sec. Step 1 asks me for a code, and my BF2 account name which is also the soldier name - lemmingie (I know. Original isn't it?).

Step 2 asks for me to login. This is where I use the gamespy ID? or should I be using the gamespy ID for the BF2 account? My problems seem to arise in Step 2 where it's not recognising either the BF2 account name, or my Gamespy ID (apparently, since I've just tried it).

So I'm wondering if I need to go register with EA again, which is confusing since I'd have had to already register with them to play BF2 in the first place ...

All the steps should be outlined in the link above, it's so long since I did it I can't remember the exact steps.

If you have the Battlefield 2 Booster Pack Bundle, please ensure you have registered the game to your EA.com account through the following page:

http://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2bp/code-entry.jsp

If you have the Battlefield 2 Complete Collection, please ensure you have registered the game to your EA.com account through the following page:

http://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2cc/code-entry.jsp

So, the EA.com account first, then the BF2 account?

I'd say if neither account works, you may need to contact EA support.

All the steps should be outlined in the link above, it's so long since I did it I can't remember the exact steps.

I'd say if neither account works, you may need to contact EA support.

The step outline really only covers the circumstances that are going 'right' so to speak. Looks like it'll be a torture session with some CSR-drone who possibly doesn't know what BF2 is :-/

Thanks anyway Silverfish

I'm getting confused now.

Did you try the EA.com account ( the one you need to register it to) to log in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You login with the EA account, and then pick a Gamespy ID to assign the booster to for usage, last I remember.

• Advertisement

Yep, that's what I got from reading the link I posted.

It's this account that seems to be giving me grief. When you log into BF2 for the first time and create an account (from the in-game server login) does that become your EA account? Or do I need to create an EA account on top of that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lemming wrote: »
    It's this account that seems to be giving me grief. When you log into BF2 for the first time and create an account (from the in-game server login) does that become your EA account? Or do I need to create an EA account on top of that?

No, that's the Gamespy ID with it's associated soldiers. The EA account is used for EA Downloader and the like.

Spear wrote: »
    No, that's the Gamespy ID with it's associated soldiers. The EA account is used for EA Downloader and the like.

Ah right, so that clears up that bit of confusion then and looks like I do need to create a seperate EA account on top of what I already have :)

Advertisement