Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

british teacher names teddy after prophet - Threads Merged

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

PDN wrote:
    She should just be grateful she wasn't a victim of rape - then the penalty would be 200 lashes & six months in jail.
    Now you know that’s not true. That’s the penalty for being in a car with a man she’s not related to which, you’ll appreciate, is completely different.

I don’t know where people get these weird ideas from. Glad I could clear it up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Guys, this isn't the Saudi forum, the Sudanese forum, the Middle Eastern, the South Asian or the European forum. It's the Islam forum. Islam is practiced all over the world, by many different peoples with different agendas and vascillating levels of adherence to the true faith.

Until such time as the Islam forum gets users who are willing to support something like being lashed for sitting in a car with a man, you really don't have anybody here to argue with.
    So please stop casually bringing up such ridiculous stories expecting to get a reaction or a defense of it, or stop assuming this is something that anybody on these boards agrees with.

Please stick to the topic at hand, and its relevance to Islamic Teaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

InFront wrote: »
    So please stop casually bringing up such ridiculous stories expecting to get a reaction or a defense of it, or stop assuming this is something that anybody on these boards agrees with.
    Just being pedantic (partly because 'ridiculous' is hardly the right word in this context - 'grotesque' is surely closer). Are you saying stop bringing up stories about countries claiming to follow Islamic law or just don't expect any reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There has already been more then one warning in this thread. There will be no more. Instead I am marking warnings/infractions where people are intentionally being rude/breaking charter or trying to score personal brownie points by asking off topic comments.

Incidently, 9 infractions causes you to be site banned. Don't worry though because you will be banned from this forum before any of you reach that many.

So either post on topic don't post at all (that includes no responses to this post here). At the very least engage your brain and read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

ScumLord wrote: »
    If your basing that on what happened to that other girl, remember those men got 5 years in jail. She wasn't punished for being raped. It has to be illegal to rape a woman if it's illegal to sit in a car alone with a woman your not married to I'd assume it's very illegal to have sex with her consensual or not.

No I'm actually basing that on the huge numbers of women who have been raped by government backed militias in Sudan. Rape doesn't seem to be very illegal at all. A widely used tool AFAIK

• Advertisement
Advertisement