Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord dumped my Decorations

Options
  • 28-11-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was renting for 2 years and when I moved out(september this year) I forgot to take my christmas decorations which I had left in the attic.
    I tried to contact my landlord by phone but could never get her, I left my number with the receptionist but never had my calls returned.
    So I emailed my landlord asking her for the return of my deposit which I eventually got back 7 weeks later and also asking about my decorations..she replied regarding my deposit but never mentioned how I could collect my decorations. I sent her 3 more emails tellin her that I wanted to collect my decorations...no reply.
    My friend is just after ringing and she talked to him on the phone and said that she replied to my mail and told me she left the decorations at the side of the house which are now thrown out because they got destroyed in the rain.
    She never sent me any reply, I have all my sent emails still in my outbox.
    Now the reason I'm getting annoyed over this is that these deoarations cost at least E350 and were brand new...and now I've to fork all that out again on decorations again this christmas.
    Would you expect the landlord to replace the decorations for you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

ainet wrote: »
    Would you expect the landlord to replace the decorations for you?

No.

You left them after you. Of course the landlord should have replied to you out of common courtesy and told you when she was leaving them outside, but you should have brought them with you in the first place. She wasn't running a storage facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Own fault I`m afraid for leaving it there and own fault for wasting €350 on them!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah, its unfortunate, but I'd say your out of luck.
    She's obviously a bit of a wagon!

Advertisement