Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menarys Opening In Carrick

Options
  • 28-11-2007 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Menarys is opening in Carrick on Friday 30th November @11am.
    It is located next to Boots in the carrick on shannon shopping centre(Out by Tesco).
    Never shopped in any of the their stores before so dont know what they are like!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Is that the same Menarys that used to be in Northern Ireland, or perhaps still are.
    If so I think its a department store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Yes its the same Menarys. I'll probably pop in after the weekend and take a look as it will no doubt be busy before then. They are doing a voucher giveaway on the opening day-doesnt say much in the advert about it though.Dunnes are opening their new store in Longford on the same day.

I heard on the radio that they are giving a thousand euro away in vouchers (I think thats what it said anyway) I'm going to try and get there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    I heard on the radio that they are giving a thousand euro away in vouchers (I think thats what it said anyway) I'm going to try and get there.

I havent been in it. Is it in the same vein as Peacock, or Shaws (almost nationwide!).
    Re the freebies we best not tell the rest of them. ;) Some residents of the north west forum have a habit of being very lucky, may parachute in for the day and ruin our chances.:eek::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tuppence wrote: »
    Some residents of the north west forum have a habit of being very lucky, may parachute in for the day and ruin our chances.:eek::(
    :D:D Nice one.

It may take a fair sized parachute though :D

I was there today, there was a queue outside when I got there at 10.30, then there was a countdown when it got near 11am.
    The first in the queue got.................nothing! They were just giving out draw tickets, no big deal.
    I wouldn't go to the store again, nothing exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was in there today for the first (and last) time. Dear God, my late Grandmother would have loved it! :D Very pricy shop, too. I don't think Heatons have anything to worry about.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that Genie.

Advertisement