Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signup problem

Options
  • 28-11-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭

My friend tried to sign up to boards last night and was greeted by the following:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Hello Philip Mckeown, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

he didn't make one post, just checked a couple of forums...anyone any ideas?

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Looks like he was given an IP address by his ISP that was previously used by a banned user.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is a user who is site-banned by the name PHILIPMCKEOWN. An admin or smod most like thought that it was him re-registering. They are usually pretty spot on about these things so I'd say it is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

i dunno if this will help further but he is registering in UCD - so its likely a load of other people have registered from here before - is it possible that the IP address could have been used by another Phil Mckeown?

Edit: im with him now and he adamant he hasn't signed up before. he wouldnt lie about it either tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    i dunno if this will help further but he is registering in UCD - so its likely a load of other people have registered from here before - is it possible that the IP address could have been used by another Phil Mckeown?

SO it is a Phil McKeown that is trying to register??

ye its philip, unless someone else signed up in UCD with his name before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Send Gordon a quick PM and have a chat with him about it. He banned the account 'Panel Beater'. He will most likely see this thread anyway, but just in case...

Cheers Karoma, sent him a PM

problem solved, cheers lads and in particular Gordon for sorting it out

this can be locked/deleted or whatever needs doing to it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"Hello Philip Mckeown, you are the weakest link, goodbye."
    This is brilliant :D

was a quality way to let someone know, we were both in stitches laughing at it...mods :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement