Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i entitled to a replacement phone ?

Options
  • 28-11-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

to cut the story short and just keep the important facts :

my sony ericsson k800i stopped working on halloween night (it has WSOD or White Screen of Death)
    which permently stops the software from operating
    brought it to fonefix in finglas,st.margarets
    they said it would have to be sent away to the maunfactuer in the UK
    i recived the phone back 1 week later, but unfortunetly, the problem reaccured
    brought it baclk again, sent away again, got it back stopped working less than a day later:eek:
    I brought it back once more and it was yet again sent away to the uk
    got it back monday and yes you guessed it, it broke again:mad:

I asked to meet the manager of fonefix and she said she cant force sony to give me a replacement K800i:mad:

My phone is still under gurantee
    Am i entitlted to a replacement ?
    Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated

The firestarter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Did fonefix sell it to you? Did Sony Ericsson sell it to you?

If you answer no to both of these, they are right as you have no recourse with them as they did not sell you the phone. Go to whomever sold it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

1. Your contract is with the company/business that you purchased the phone from.

2. The business can offer you a repair/refund/replacement at their discretion. If they send it away for a repair, then you are entitled to expect that repair to be permanent. If the fault recurs, then you are entitled to a refund/replacement.

Visit the Consumer Agency's website for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Under Sale and Supply of Goods Act, your contract is with the company from whom you purchased the phone.

If they are unable to fix it after a reasonable amount of times (think 3 is figure) then you are entitled to a full refund or a replacement under the act as the equipment does perform the functions it was designed for!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

yeah but the problem is i bought the phone off vodafone in december 2006 and i recently switched to meteor about 3 months ago
    i dont have the reciept or box from when i bought it off vodafone
    and to chrislad,
    no i didnt buy it off either them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

yeah but the problem is i bought the phone off vodafone in december 2006 and i recently switched to meteor about 3 months ago
    and to chrislad,

Stop giving the people in phonefix grief its nothing to do with them. As stated above your contract is with whoever you purchased the phone from in the first pace i.e. Vodafone and i cant see them being too helpfull if you've no reciept but it might be worth a try to see can they track it from the IMEI number.
    If its been repaired three times you would have an excellent case for a replacment if they can track you down on thier system but its up to you to have proof of purchase not vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

and to chrislad,

vodafone can trace the imei so you shouldn't need your receipt. and sony ericsson phones have a 2 year warranty.

generally if a phone is sent away 3 times you get a replacement but as you haven't sent it away with vodafone themselves it'll have to be sent away 3 more times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

and to chrislad,
    Where did you buy the phone? Did you buy it over the internet, over the phone or at a store?

If you bought it at a vodafone store then it might be best to go back to that same store if you can. While not essential it might make life easier to be face to face with someone. Since you bought the phone from Vodafone then you only deal with vodafone (unless of course you want to take it up with sony ericsson).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

vodafone can trace the imei so you shouldn't need your receipt. and sony ericsson phones have a 2 year warranty.

generally if a phone is sent away 3 times you get a replacement but as you haven't sent it away with vodafone themselves it'll have to be sent away 3 more times

i would suggest bringing the documentation stating you got it fixed three times to vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Thanks all for your help and answers
    i went to fonefix today and the technican was talking to sony ericcson uk and they said they would replace it if it's not worth repairing again

Advertisement