Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is netsoc dead?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Anyone ever have any joy getting a non-laptop device to connect to the wifi. I can never get my Nokia E65 to connect or psp, even to just surf the web, but my laptop does it grand.

I know one of my mates got his psp working no bother and i have a mates ipod touch running no problem on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

betafrog wrote: »
    You need to set the proxy on any device your trying to use the WiFi with....

How does one do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

And to de-hijack this thread....

I've been involved in bringing netsoc back up (and killing it during the move :P ).

We had a lot of old hardware, and an infrastructure to go with it and most of it just refused point blank to cooperate after it was moved across. Just to let you know, we got shifted out of the old storage room that we were in because... you've guessed it, IT services needed the storage space! Granted they did sweeten the deal for us so we played nice and got out when they asked.

So, as betafrog &c. have said we're back up in terms of hosting, and storage space capabilities which I gather is what most of you are interested in.

If any of you are interested in setting up a website, or a blog, or anything like that, or are interested in buying your own domain name and don't know how to go about it feel free to pm any of us here, or mail us ( you will find mail details on netsoc.com )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 141089

I was wondering, what does netsoc offer those who already have websites set up? Are there discussions? presentations? permission to use the super computers in Daedalus for scrapebox and x rumor blasts ? (he heh)

I have been trying to find out info on it(... and join it!) , or ask someone at the netsoc stand in freshers tent. Do netsoc have a stand? So many stands are terribly presented - almost impossible to actually tell what society some represent !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I was in the freshers tent today and didn't notice a stand for netsoc. Maybe they've actually died this time...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement