Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network problem- Help

• 28-11-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble connecting from my laptop, everything was working fine yesterday and now I can't locate my network in the 'available networks' window.

Sorry for such a vague Q, can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

your router plugged in and connected properly? nothing became disconnected?

if router is ok, try disabling and re-enabling your wireless radio, go to control panel > network connections, right click on wireless connection and disable, reenable then. this happens my laptop every once in a while and that seems to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

coolmoose wrote: »
    your router plugged in and connected properly? nothing became disconnected?

if router is ok, try disabling and re-enabling your wireless radio, go to control panel > network connections, right click on wireless connection and disable, reenable then. this happens my laptop every once in a while and that seems to sort it.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I've vista. I disabled and re-enabled 'Wireless Network Connection', but no joy.

I appreciate your help.

did you try resetting your router and connection?

is it working over a wired connection i.e. is it just the wireless that's giving trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Is the wireless switch on your laptop off? Can easily happen.

center15 wrote: »
    Is the wireless switch on your laptop off? Can easily happen.

ah yes i forgot to ask that, my laptop doesn't have one, forgot bout it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Is there a key combination to turn on/off wireless, like Fn + some F key? Is there a light anywhere to tell you if it's on or off?

Worst case scenario could be a loose connection inside the laptop. The aerial(s) is usually behind the LCD screen, and there'd be two or three cables going from there to the wireless card (possibly underneath the keyboard or on the bottom side of the laptop base). What laptop is it?

The problem was with my router (ty coolmoose), but I have a new problem. I can locate and connect to my network, but local only, I can't go online. I've tried all options in Diagnostics and nothing works.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Lazare wrote: »
    I'm having trouble connecting from my laptop, everything was working fine yesterday and now I can't locate my network in the 'available networks' window.

Sorry for such a vague Q, can anyone help?

Happened me last week but a reboot fixed.

In relation to being able to connect network but not internet. Can you ping your ISP from command screen ping www dot yourispname dot net/com

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread23104.html

Have you checked your firewall ,is it blocking you?

Happened me last week but a reboot fixed.

In relation to being able to connect network but not internet. Can you ping your ISP from command screen ping www dot yourispname dot net/com

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread23104.html

Have you checked your firewall ,is it blocking you?

Thanks for that link, but I've tried everything suggested to no avail. My head hurts at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can you ping the router? Then try ping www.google.ie. Check that your ip address & dns settings & both set to automaticaly get addresses in Tcp/ip settings in the properties of your wireless adapter in network adapters in control panel. Sounds like a dns issue if u can ping the router but cant pass traffic.

• Advertisement

Lazare wrote: »
    Thanks for that link, but I've tried everything suggested to no avail. My head hurts at this stage.

No Problem. Last week when it hapened me I found a page with screenshots to help but I cannot find it now. I think googled the message from the wireless network connection box where it says cannot find network or something like that. Sorry can't help more, cannot remember exactly the search term I used. You will find some with a 'can connect to network but not internet' google search but I expect you tried that. That is how I got the link above

Let us know if you fixed it....

cannot remember exactly the search term I used.

It was windows cannot configure the wireless network which I got when tried to repair, as far as recall. Led me to:-

http://help.orange.co.uk/documentDisplay.do?clusterName=DefaultCluster&preview=1&groupId=1&page=&docType=1006&resultType=5002&docProp=$solution_id&docPropValue=kb7045

Not sure if help mine came back after reboot did not need to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Right click your wireless connection & choose "Disable" then do the same again, only this time "Enable" it.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement