Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie XBOX 360 Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Bought mine second hand about 6 months ago, so far no sign of any red lights... My internal fans certainly seem to be working, sounds like a jet taking off half the time :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Have mine since the second batch after launch. No problems at all. Never even had a game crash on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got my first one last december, red ring of death in july/aug. got a brand new replacement from Bill, fine ever since. I use it at least 4/5 hours a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Still on my Original Launch Xbox 360 no problems so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

my launch 360 lasted 14 months , smyths replaced it for me with a new one that lasted around 7 months .

since then i have bought an elite ( when halo 3 came out ) , which i'm very happy with as i love having the extra space on the hard drive and traded in my other 360 once i got it back from microsoft towards a ps3.

have to say that in my house the 360 gets alot of use from myself and the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Had mine since launch and still going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Got my first in june 06, that broke in dec06. Got another straight away, that broke in july07, on my 3rd now, and no probs YET. I think they just overheat too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On my second. The first was a launch one, went tits up after about 6 months, my second has been working grand since. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Vegeta wrote: »
    well haven't MS confirmed that this effects 30% of consoles, don't know where I got that figure but heard it being thrown around

currently awaiting the second repair, I bought an elite too though so I own 2 360s

That's fair funny, when it broke the second time, I was like "FCUK SAKE, I'm buying a PS3" then after about 3 seconds I came to my senses and bought a second 360

I was in the same situation as you but I bought the PS3!!!! I think I'll trade my one in for an elite when I get it back. What do they generally check/ look for when you are trading up?

By the way mine is a launch day console that is currently just back from a second repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I know a guy who bought a 360 and got the RROD after a few months....didnt get around to repairing it yet..then he got a ps3 and a week later he got the disc read error that seems to be happening to the new 40gb models :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

in August 06.

Got 3 red rings last weekend :(

Called it in last Sunday but still trying to get MS to give me a UPS doc so I can have it collected.

So 4 days after calling it in they haven't even managed to send me the shipping doc.

Part of me is tempted to get an elite so I can play mass effect etc.

But that means I'll have spent a grand since last August on 360 hardware when all I want is one bloody functioning console.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think mine is now about a year and a half old or so. Just get the occasional one red ring and it complianing about some video error I think but that always goes away after a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I'm on replacement number 2 (actually a new on MS gave me). I had some real hassle, but I still love my 360!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Launch console. Still goin *touch wood*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

quad_red wrote: »

So 4 days after calling it in they haven't even managed to send me the shipping doc.

Why didn't you get them to e-mail it to you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

bucks73 wrote: »
    Right, seeing as the mod couldnt fix the poll in the other thread and OP didnt start a new thread/poll, thought I would start it.

good man. i still claim credit for this fantastic poll though :D

On my 1st replacement

If the poll wasnt private we could see who was on what at a glance, tsk! I demand a new poll be started :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Vegeta wrote: »
    Why didn't you get them to e-mail it to you???

I didn't know that was an option till Monday (they never offered it to me). I only found out that after I read it on here.

And once they've set the return up with posting out the doc, they can't change that without canceling the order.

Which I made them do today cos I never received the doc that they sent ( assuming they actually sent it out).

Anyway, that happened this morning and haven't received anything by email yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Scruff wrote: »
    good man. i still claim credit for this fantastic poll though :D

On my 1st replacement

If the poll wasnt private we could see who was on what at a glance, tsk! I demand a new poll be started :p

lol.

Credit is all yours my good man. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Got mine last Christmas, so 11 months old. No problems really. Funny thing is, with the bad reputation it has I was worried something would go wrong with it. I bought a Wii in May, by July I had to send it back because video processor got fried. So, you know, there you go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

So the poll is pretty much in agreement with the press , approx 33% failure rate. ( not counting multiple fails ) .

Thats hardly the 2 -5% microsoft are still claiming , and a truly brutal performance for any piece of hardware , they should have been recalled and all replaced with Elites. ( or at least a proven good model ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

quad_red wrote: »
    I didn't know that was an option till Monday (they never offered it to me). I only found out that after I read it on here.

And once they've set the return up with posting out the doc, they can't change that without canceling the order.

Which I made them do today cos I never received the doc that they sent ( assuming they actually sent it out).

Anyway, that happened this morning and haven't received anything by email yet.

Both times for me it took about 12 hours to get the e-mail

On a positive note I had a very quick turnaround time from the repair centre. Something like 11-12 working days and I got abrand new console (which had a HDMI port, which the one I sent in didn't) so I honestly can only say good things about customer support.

The console itself is as dodgy as fcuk when it comes to reliability but I have found customer service to be 100% both times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Got red ring on the 31st of October, was picked up the 2nd of November only arrived in Germany on the 13th(!) and still no sign of my replacement or repair coming back yet. I think the delay is UPS' fault though not Microsofts. Its getting annoying at this stage but the bloody thing has too many good games to convince me to get rid of it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

What the ****?
    I bought my Xbox a month ago.
    This thread is getting me worried.
    Who wants the hassle if it breaks down. I mean, finding the bloody recepit, waiting for Microsoft to get back onto you.
    Pain in the hole. I went through 3 Gamecubes, although the first 2 breaking were my fault entirely. I actually got flaming drunk one night and pissed on it in my sleep!!!

DS light is a different kettle entirely, I was running full pelt up Patrick Street Cork, and it fell out of my pocket and hit the concrete. Other than a couple of sctraches it came out perfect. When I heard the crack when it hit the pavement i thought it was done for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

waiting for the return of mine, got the red light last weekend. UPS tracking says my console has been delivered to Germany. God knows how long I'll be without.....
    never thought it would be me......
    Wasn't a launce day one either and I don't use it very much - 5 hrs per week tops.
    gonna have to read some books now......

Advertisement