Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB CreditCards

Options
  • 28-11-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to see has anyone had the same experience as i have had today! Got a call from the credit card services asking about a transaction i had tried to make at a time when i wud have been travelling home from work, they had my name, address, credit card number and had tried to make this purchase but had got the exp date wrong! AIB said not to worry that they have now blocked my card but just wondering with them admitting they sent statements of account holders to wrong addresses could this have been the cause of this incident or has anybody had any calls along similar lines of late??

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are they going to issue you with a new credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've had calls in the past to verify recent transactions and things but other than that nothing major.

Don't call out your cc details on the phone when they ask you to confirm it, insist on ringing them back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

The error with the foreign exchange advices had nothing to do with credit cards. Completely unconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Psychic Lady

jor el wrote: »
    Are they going to issue you with a new credit card?

Yes they are blocking my card and reissuing me with a new card!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have to say that I've found AIB to be good with keeping an eye on potentially dodgy transactions. Mrs Parsi and I share the same card and after a recent trip away they contacted us about three transactions in the same shop over a period of 20 minutes. As far as I was concerned it was a good example of being proactive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement