Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek 11 - uniform style?

• 28-11-2007 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hiya
    Anyone has any idea of what the new uniforms are going to look like for ST 11 !!!

Comments

We have heard that the uniforms have been updated slightly, but still retain the old feel to them.

Pike's actor Greenwood said “I think there will be a certain nod to the 60s.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A certain nod? Hmm..

I sort of hope they go one of two ways with this... either a total update, without too much of the ham-fisted 'nod to the 60s', or do it like Star Trek : New Voyages and recreate the 60s look and feel near compleatly, without the dodgy effects and wobbling ships on strings. And with better (post-TNG style) make-up. And take it seriously.

Personally, I think the latter would be fantastic. I'd love to loose myself in that Original Series universe again.. and I think they'd be able to update just enough to make an entertaining and worthwhile modern day spectical without breaking the mood, if they tried.

But I doubt they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Goodshape wrote: »
    ...But I doubt they will.

I have plenty of doubts too. But I am trying to remain open-minded until I actually see the firm (this time next year! :eek:)

EDIT: anyway to remain on topic, plenty of revealing mini-skirts are the way to go!

Regardless of the look of the film (and sorry if this is going too far off topic), I have a horrible gut feeling that Kirk and Co. won't be sitting down on board the Enterprise until the final five minutes of the film... at which point it will end with a big "and now.. the REAL ADVENTURE BEGINS!!! ....(tune in next time!)" feel to it.

But, I guess, who knows... it might also be brilliant.

I have to agree. I'm cautiously optimistic about this new film. I want it to do well, I think it can do well... it has to be done right?

I realise that's a little vague... do you get what I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Most Trek filsm make money regardless how terrible they are, I hope this is pulled off well and leads to a new series perhaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

While I hope it's pulled off well I don't think it's going to lead to a new series and I hope it doesn't. Prequels aren't the way to for a series your much to hamgstrung

(not connected to the styles of the uniforms, but..)

There's a couple of reports floating around from people who claim to have seen the script. Apparently it's fairly awful, and breaks cannon in some dreadful ham-fisted ways. Though I didn't read anymore than the impressions (i.e. I didn't read the spoilers... just the reviewers overall thoughts on them).

What has me all the more worried is this damned writers strike. Even if they wanted to fix-up a few things as they go, they can't do it. Considering they're trying to reboot a much-loved 40 year old franchise, that's really really bad timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Goodshape wrote: »
    (not connected to the styles of the uniforms, but..)

There's a couple of reports floating around from people who claim to have seen the script. Apparently it's fairly awful, and breaks cannon in some dreadful ham-fisted ways. Though I didn't read anymore than the impressions (i.e. I didn't read the spoilers... just the reviewers overall thoughts on them).

What has me all the more worried is this damned writers strike. Even if they wanted to fix-up a few things as they go, they can't do it. Considering they're trying to reboot a much-loved 40 year old franchise, that's really really bad timing.

I read these report and apparently they're a hoax. One of the writers even shot the rumours down. I looked for the link on www.chud.com (excellent moviesite) but couldn't find it.

Look in my opinion Abrams is one of the best directors/producers/writers we could have. He's a major fan, respects the legacy, but won't pander to the fans either. Let's just wait and see...

As for the uniforms, perhaps they'll introduce a uniform before the 60s show---one that hints at the style without being so flamboyant. I personally adore the uniform from II-VI, it has a real elegance to it. But I realise that the timeline won't allow for it. Damn these timelines:)

Advertisement