Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Game To Get

• 28-11-2007 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Getting a new game tomorrow. Just finished Call Of Duty 4 and last game I bought before it was Halo 4. Have narrowed it down to a shortlist:

The Orange Box
    Assassin's Creed
    Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

What would be the best of those three to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Definitely Orange Box
    Triton wrote: »
    Just finished Call Of Duty 4 and last game I bought before it was Halo 4.

You have halo 4? I'll swap you my copy of Orange box for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Orange Box Orange Box Orange Box

Half Life 2 on its own is worth the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

Is Assassin's Creed not meant to be amazing? Was going to get it until Eurogamer gave it 7/10. I like the sound of Orange Box but I'm geting a tad tired of the FPS genre and wouldn't mind waiting a few months to get it.

Anyone any other suggestions by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Defo Orange box. Fantastic games and will last you ages. Team Fortress 2 is my favourite ever online FPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Triton, for your own benefit I would like to reiterate Half Life even if ur sick of hearing it...

It is simply amazing for a 3 year old game. I havent played ep1 or ep2 but still the quality and value is amazing.

Half life 2, yes a FPS but the 'gravity gun' makes it so much more in alot of ways.

Voted best ever weapon in a game on IGN if i'm correct

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Do NOT get Kane and Lynch, absolutely chronic. Orange box looks good.
    On another note, anyone want to buy a half price copy of Kane and Lynch, its frecking awsome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Orange Box is the greatest thing to happen to gaming since the last big thing to happen to gaming!

I played HL2 on Pc through 3 times and got Orange Box and played through it again for the craic and the other games are amazing although EP1 is a little disappointing. EP2 more than makes up for it though.

TF2 and Portal alone are worth the price of a game. EP1 and 2 alone would have been worth the price of a game. HL2 was worth the price of a game. All together this the bargin of the centuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Orange Box; can I buy Halo4 from you ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Orange Box. Its worth buying it just to play Portal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yup would go for orange box.

Play Portal and you'll feel that it's money well spent only to feel like the person who served you at the shop was overcome by your awesome animal magnetisim and has snuck an extra 3 brilliant games into your bag.

(I know I said 3, I hate TF.)

• Advertisement

TF2 is the greatest multiplayer experience ever.

It basically forces team work. So if you like proper team games, its great. You have to play a role and think a bit about the role you are picking to balance up your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I really do see the potential. I'd love to experience the role based elements of it and the team play aspect.

But as I'm playing over Xbox live and none of my friends list seem to play it, I'm reduced to playing with American teenagers who are going to "rape" the other team, then pick either spys and try to stab everyone or snipers and piss off on their own. The opposing team will invariably do the same.

Yeah you need to play with people who aren't thick as posts.

Its stupid if your not all working towards the actual goal of the game. I've seen people do such stupid crap in the game. Its great if you have a bunch of people from your friends list on but you have to tell people to meet up to play. That's why the other boards thread is a good idea or like we do on our site with booking a time to play and having people agree to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Gave TF2 a go last night and hadnt got a clue what to do! Must start posting on xbox360-ireland again. Maybe some of yous can take me under your wing..

oh and get the orange box OP, cant see how anyone could possibly dislike or be disappointed by it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Triton wrote: »
    Getting a new game tomorrow. Just finished Call Of Duty 4 and last game I bought before it was Halo 4.

What's the future like?:D:D
    Halo online must be pretty boring though.
    Has global warming changed the face of gaming.:eek:
    Have to agree with the others and say Orange Box.

....so much fun from one little typo.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Orange Box. The other 2 are bollocks. That said, I haven't played any of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Mass Effect :)

Out of that list though, Orange Box, definitely, it's a keeper. Assassin's Creed is worth playing, I enjoyed it, but seem people seem to really dislike it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

OB definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If any of ye want a new game on the cheap on play.com you can get star trek legacy for about 15euro incl delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

jayteecork wrote: »
    Orange Box. The other 2 are bollocks. That said, I haven't played any of them

How can you say there bad so?

Orange Box deffo worth the money!

AC is ok I have played this and finished it..

Kane and Lynch is ok its the worst of the lot although I play the multiplayer alot its quite fun! The single player was a massive let down for me!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

mise wrote: »
    Gave TF2 a go last night and hadnt got a clue what to do! Must start posting on xbox360-ireland again. Maybe some of yous can take me under your wing..

oh and get the orange box OP, cant see how anyone could possibly dislike or be disappointed by it

We are Xbox360exile.com now although the old URL should still work. Come on and have a look. I really want to get more people on playing TF2 as a lot of the others just play COD4 and I've not bothered to buy it yet.

I still have to play through Mass Effect and Bioshock (yeah I know, I still haven't finished it :eek: ) at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

this might help reviews of each on average

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed?q=assassin's creed

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/kaneandlynchdeadmen?q=kane & lynch

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halflife2theorangebox?q=the orange box
    might be worth taking in to consideration the average gamer thought kane & lynch was 1.9 out of 10!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'd say Mass Effect would be a more interesting and welcome diversion from the FPS genre, than any other game out right now. If sci-fi it not your thing, the exact same can be said about Elder Scrolls IV. There's a golden edition out now with all the add-ons and expansions. Great value.

Asssassin's Creed looks great but gets boring after a few hours. I have to agree with the other posters about Orange Box. There's a whole lot of gaming in one box.

I also have to mention Halo 3. The multiplayer is great fun and easy to get into. The single player is a little mundane though. BIoshock is another great game, with a compelling storyline, but it's pretty much a thinking man's FPS when you get down to it.

Finally, have you played Command and Conquer 3? It is even more apart from the FPS genre, than Mass Effect. And, you could pick a copy up second hand for around E40 in Xtravision.

It's been a pretty heavy FPS few months. I can see why you would want something different.

Advertisement