Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat shi#te on drive way, hidden camera?

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I think the cat from across the lane is shi#ting on my gravel, or it could be the jack russel next door, how do i find out who it is? Its not every day so i cant do a stake-out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cctv?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

My friends mum used 2 fill bottles of water and put them on the lawn, said it 'deters' cats...

It did...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

How or where does one get cctv, what kind of cost would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Doolittle51

cctv is a bit ott. what are you going to do when you find the culprit?

If i found out who the culprit is i would ask the neighbour kindly to stop their animal ****ting in my garden, if its the dog next door they can stop it by keeping their little front gate closed and let it **** in their own garden or they can walk it on a lead past my house. If its the cat, i dont know yet, its a big headed/bossy cat so it needs bringing down a peg or two. I have a 3 month old daughter, i dont want people walking poo into the house as she will be crawling soon enough, so it will stop, i just hope in a nice way.

• Advertisement

try the water bottle thing i **** u not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A cats owner cant stop them ****ting anywhere , and if its gravel i doubt its a cat as cats bury there **** and prefer soft ground , id say its the dog , cctv is a bit ott though the water bottle is a good idea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

water bottle works for dogs and cats. Its weird but true!

Well its worth a bloody go b4 u go buying cctv to snipe a terror cat tis it not

I`ll put a couple of bottles of water out tomorrow but i`m not going to leave them there, they look stupid. I too would have thought that cats liked pooing on softer ground so it could be the jack R. I hav`nt had the pooing before this week for about 2 or 3 months, its the same type and smell as before, it stopped last time around the time when i said aloud outside my neighbours open window what i would do to the animal if i caught it in action. I`d like to find out who it is as i should not have to stop it, its owner should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I bet its the dog. cats are v private about their toilet - generally would not do it on a driveway. they like to dig a hole, do it and cover it up as they are clean. they like sand or clay not gravel.

I suggested CCTV because the OP specifically asked how to find out who it is, not to stop it. a bottle of water isn't capable of relaying a good description of the offender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

cazzy wrote: »
    I bet its the dog. cats are v private about their toilet - generally would not do it on a driveway. they like to dig a hole, do it and cover it up as they are clean. they like sand or clay not gravel.

Not the cats that live near me, they're indiscriminate ****ting machines

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

wall wrote: »
    its the same type and smell as before

Do go on. What about the taste? That might help narrow it down.

The cat in question is quiet arrogant, when i was digging the garden for the gravel 3 months ago it went to the toilet not 5 feet away from me on a few days, its not a very private or discreet specimen. I`d prefer to get the cctv to identify the culprit so if it happens again when i get rid of the bottles i would know who`s door to knock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

If it's a cat. Ring the zoo and explain the situation to them, tell them you're garden is over run by cats etc and you can't leave your kid out in the garden (not that you'd want to in this weather).

They may be able to help you with some "big cat" spray i.e. lions / tigers piss. Hey presto no more cat**** anywhere near your place once you spray that. Or so I've been told.

I'd try the water bottle thing first though, it sounds easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Cats and dog shyte are aromatically different - cat shyte has a very distinctive smell, you can't miss it. It's also always covered over with soil or sand. It's also not typically curly!

Amazing - but I used to do a lot of weeding on my parents veg patch...

Pines wrote: »
    Do go on. What about the taste? That might help narrow it down.

Now that you ask, its a bit like tuna patee, but a bit of tabasco sauce is required to make it half palatable.

Cats are people too!

i would know who`s door to knock on.

Fu*k that, slit that felines throat

I have been pursuing a vendetta against cats for some time.

Im cool with tigers though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

http://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/?gclid=CKbmgfbTgJACFQ1mMAodRmK-oQ

Maybe you could suggest this for your neighbours:D:D:D

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Cats and dog shyte are aromatically different - cat shyte has a very distinctive smell, you can't miss it. It's also always covered over with soil or sand. It's also not typically curly!

Amazing - but I used to do a lot of weeding on my parents veg patch...

This shyte is a bit of a curler, i`ll try to get a photo of it tomorrow and post it to see what you think.

I still think it was the dog .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I think you should take this further,... I wouldn't be happy if I was you. A residents association meeting is definetly on the cards!!

I mean cats and dogs ****ting!!! Its disgraceful!! Those pet owners should be ashamed of themselves!!

I think cat shyte normaly smells like gear oil, this does`nt, i`ll get a better sniff in the morn after breakfast and give a better description tomorrow eve with a photo hopefully, thanks for all your assistance, better sign off now and get a cat-nap before work..

Didn't they used 2 use cats piss 2 wake up a KO'd boxer the smell was that bad?

Male cats that havent been neutered smell. They spray the place to leave their scent and mark their territoy to get the ladies.
    (ok i made up the ladies bit - I think its to tell other Tom cats to PFO)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think cat shyte normaly smells like gear oil, this does`nt, i`ll get a better sniff in the morn after breakfast and give a better description tomorrow eve with a photo hopefully, thanks for all your assistance, better sign off now and get a cat-nap before work..

Photos? Brill. Pity we don't have scratch-n-sniff in this version of vBulletin.

To get a proper ID of the culprit - leave out a tin of Whiskas & a tin of Pedigree Chum on your driveway. If you hear the dog-owner complaining that his/her tin opener is missing - you'll know it is the dog. If not, then by a process of elimination it must be the cat.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

I always find these guys have some neat stuff at good prices ...

http://www.intellihome.be/english/surveillance.asp

Be careful about winding up the neighbors though, they might decide to get an alsation and them boys leave a fair calling card behind !

;)

baud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

This shyte is a bit of a curler
    I'd check to see if Mr. Whippy lives nearby and has a cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement