Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SetupPoker.exe - dodgy ads

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

When I clicked the ad in the top right it brings up the following prompt.

1196285116.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

My first reaction was eeK! until I had a good look, that is greenjokerpoker's install program... it is legit but scary when you dont know what it is.

I think it should go to an info page that explains what the program is/does. I have amended the link to go through to the greenjokerpoker website. Thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Whatever it is there shouldn't just be a prompt to download an application without any form of description which was my one major problem.

At least it was "legit" though.

Glad you've amended it. Cheers.

Yup, I should have checked what I thought was a tracking url to see where it linked when I put up the banner, another item to add to the checklist.

I'll settle for your resignation (and your keys), delivered to me on a plate by 8am tomorrow morning. :)

Dammit all I have here is a silver platter, would that be acceptable?

• Advertisement

Vexorg wrote: »
    Dammit all I have here is a silver platter, would that be acceptable?
    Pfft ... you insult me sir.

Advertisement