Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another set of lights

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭

Limerick City Council have in thier wisdom decided to install a set of traffic lights at watch-house cross. :mad: :mad:
    I use this junction at least four times a day and can honestly say with there is rarely a delay in getting from Moyross side onto the Longpavement road, around 9am and 3pm may be the exception but with lights there a continuous delay. As this is a staggered junction the delay will even be longer as the lights will probably have to give rights to 3 different roads.

The coal yard will probably suffer as well because of the traffic at the Limerick side of the lights.

I suppose a certain "former city councillor and former bus driver" will be happy as he has canvassed for these lights for some time now, can't wait to see him in his taxi puffing on his fag as he waits impatiently for the lights to change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Surely a roundabout was the solution there? There is so much land there that a roundabout was the best option, straighten the road from Thomondgate to run onto the Moyross road and move them out a bit towards Parteen to make room for the roundabout much handier on the motorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

phog wrote: »
    Limerick City Council have in thier wisdom decided to install a set of traffic lights at watch-house cross. :mad: :mad:
    I use this junction at least four times a day and can honestly say with there is rarely a delay in getting from Moyross side onto the Longpavement road, around 9am and 3pm may be the exception but with lights there a continuous delay. As this is a staggered junction the delay will even be longer as the lights will probably have to give rights to 3 different roads.

The coal yard will probably suffer as well because of the traffic at the Limerick side of the lights.

I suppose a certain "former city councillor and former bus driver" will be happy as he has canvassed for these lights for some time now, can't wait to see him in his taxi puffing on his fag as he waits impatiently for the lights to change.

Don't think they can smoke in cabs anymore ..... ?

"Book him Danny" !!!!! ...... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Legally they are not but have seen taxi drivers smoking in the vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

If proof was needed about lights - The lights at Union Cross were out of order yesterday and I passed through them on 4 occasions (up/down Shelbourne Road) and the most cars in front of me was four and that was at 14.50 yesterday afternoon on the occasions I sailed up to and through without delay. When the lights are working I usually would have to wait at least one change before I get through.

The same applies at the lights near St. Mary's Church - when these are off the traffic rarely has a backlog.

Yet the local authorities are putting up lights like it's Christmas - Slip Road of bypass onto the Tipp Rd, Clarina, Adare (access to a private estate) and Watchhouse Cross.

Advertisement