Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gords Journal

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Well folks. I think I started 3 of these in the past, but its down to 8 months now until my wedding so its time to get the ball rolling and get into shape.
    Stats:
    Age - 30 in a week!
    Height - 5ft 7
    Weight - 11 stone
    BF - 20% I think

Wednesday 28/11/07
    No training today as I damaged my ankle last night at soccer.
    Food today was
    Breakfast - 7am
    2 Weetabix, Lecithen with Soya Milk
    I Banana
    1 Mandarin
    1 Actimel

Snack - 10.30am
    2 slices of McCambridges brown bread

Lunch - 12.30pm
    Brown roll with chicken breast and cheese.

Dinner - 8pm
    Homemade chicken curry

I bought some Animal Pak today to take when training and I have Nutrition X Protein as well.

So any help or advice folks to help me get to my ultimate goal would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Less carbs, less/get rid of the bread, protein with each meal+lots overall, more good fats.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

tribulus wrote: »
    Less carbs, less/get rid of the bread, protein with each meal+lots overall, more good fats.

Good luck.

Cheers trib. Was having bread as it was easy to have for lunch. What would you recommend?
    As for more good fats - should I use nuts and Uodos oil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Well the standard answer would be lots of green fibrous veg but if you can away with eating bread (or rice/pasta in its place) then why not, you just have to be honest with yourself if not though.

Nuts ideally unsalted and unroasted but yeah nuts are good. Udos oil is fine too but very expensive I believe?

tribulus wrote: »
    Well the standard answer would be lots of green fibrous veg but if you can away with eating bread (or rice/pasta in its place) then why not, you just have to be honest with yourself if not though.

Nuts ideally unsalted and unroasted but yeah nuts are good. Udos oil is fine too but very expensive I believe?

I dont mind staying away from bread and I can certainly give it a shot. I have an hour for lunch and I can try something different in that hour. I can try soup or pasta for lunch.

Ill stop into a shop in Galway on Saturday that sells nuts and stuff in big bags for a good price.

Thursday 29th November

Breakfast - 7am
    2 Weetabix, Lecithen with Soya Milk
    I Banana
    1 Mandarin
    1 Actimel

Snack - 10.30am
    2 slices of McCambridges brown bread

Lunch - 12.30pm
    Brown roll with chicken breast and cheese & scallions.

Dinner - 8pm
    Oyster and spring onion chicken, carrots and mangetoute.

• Advertisement

Signing up to the gym in Athenry tonight so that should make things a little easier. Have been doing squats and push ups each morning (starting at 15 pushups and 15 squats, going down to 1 push up and 1 squat). Really gets the heart going in the morning!!!

Advertisement