Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vBulletin probs on latest version of Firefox

Options
  • 28-11-2007 10:54pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Contextual menus (the lists with all the categories and subfora on the top of the page) seem to have vanished for me when using Firefox, but are still present with IE7. Was there some sort of an update done this evening? Errr- just remembering I downloaded the latest version of Firefox- seems to have killed these menus (and have checked on other vBulletin sites- all the same). :(
    Just in case you were unaware of it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mine are working and I only installed the latest firefox a few minutes ago!! It does happen to me every now and then tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Working for me on the latest firefox (2.0.0.10)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pacifico wrote:

I'm using the same version- strange. Its only the menu bars at the very top of the page that are affected. I've cleared cache and tried a few things to no avail. Its fine on IE (shudder) or Opera. It just seems to be a prob with vBulletin- everything else seems to be perfectly normal. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am getting script runing errors after updating ff which is a pain but the menus are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'm using the same version- strange. Its only the menu bars at the very top of the page that are affected. I've cleared cache and tried a few things to no avail. Its fine on IE (shudder) or Opera. It just seems to be a prob with vBulletin- everything else seems to be perfectly normal. Strange.

Log out, clear all the cache, log back in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They're working fine for me using firefox 2.0.0.10. Maybe you have noscript turned on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would normally suggest taking a look in the Add/Remove Programs list and if there is more than one entry of Firefox then thats what the problem is. This happened my work PC and when I removed the older version all was fine with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I had this problem before.

For some reason, I think my adblock was being overzealous.

I'm not 100% so I hope I'm not leading you astray. Clear the cache and that first I guess, and maybe whitelist Boards.ie if you're running adblock.

Thaedydal wrote:
    I am getting script runing errors after updating ff which is a pain but the menus are there.

Just noticed that- a shipload of script errors. Mostly vB editor and Ajax. 24 when displaying the Feedback forum- 7 here when replying. Opera, here I come.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pacifico wrote: »

Me too.

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote:
    I would normally suggest taking a look in the Add/Remove Programs list and if there is more than one entry of Firefox then thats what the problem is. This happened my work PC and when I removed the older version all was fine with it!

Thats it! I had three Mozilla Firefox entries (why it didn't delete during the updates, I don't know). I've uninstalled the lot, cleaned the registry and re-installed the latest version, and all is now working perfectly again (no script errors either!).

Cheers Jonny24ie!

S.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's weird that it didn't get rid of the older versions. I must remember this for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

they broke for me a few days ago, before the firefox update to 2.0.0.0.0.0.0.10. only lasted for a little while though... they are working fine now. could it possibly be server side or was that just coincidence?

Advertisement