Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Thats good you got clamped.As outside our house 5-6 cars parked in a turning area and one day they all got clamped :) , It was very difficult for us to reverse out of the house.
    My point is that the person reversing has alot of hassle because of you parking there which he shouldnt have

In simple just dont park there again.Do you not have parking beside your own residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

drdre wrote: »
    Thats good you got clamped.As outside our house 5-6 cars parked in a turning area and one day they all got clamped :) , It was very difficult for us to reverse out of the house.
    My point is that the person reversing has alot of hassle because of you parking there which he shouldnt have

In simple just dont park there again.Do you not have parking beside your own residence.

thank you for praying hard.i dont want to give anyone a hassle or difficulty too..
    iinside the village there are 3-4 buildings up to 4-5th floors i think..and on the sides are surrounded by parking spaces and play grounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

drdre, you must be lucky enough to live in an estate where this is ample and well marked parking. This isn't the case in a lot of estates - developers simply don't provide enough spots even if everyone only had one car per household, let alone two. In my old estate, people were parking in far more inconvenient places than the OP did in this case. But don't let that stop you stating the bloody obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Rhodney wrote: »
    thank you for praying hard.i dont want to give anyone a hassle or difficulty too..
    iinside the village there are 3-4 buildings up to 4-5th floors i think..and on the sides are surrounded by parking spaces and play grounds..

Are the other parking spaces assigned to residents i.e. are they numbered and owned by particular residents? Or is it just 1st come, 1st served, park in any space you like?

Are the other parking spaces assigned to residents i.e. are they numbered and owned by particular residents? Or is it just 1st come, 1st served, park in any space you like?

hi TheBigLebowski, its a 1st come, 1st served basis.. like an open parking for the tenants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Have you paid to have it removed yet?

yes Sizzler, i paid already, when i asked the guy why i was clamped...he told me he doesnt know, he said maybe i was not parked properly like the red car..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

yes Sizzler, i paid already, when i asked the guy why i was clamped...he told me he doesnt know, he said maybe i was not parked properly like the red car..

LOB tbh mate. I hope you can get it sorted, you were done VERY hard by from what I can see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Yeah in the absence of any clear markings about where you can and can't park, I'd say you are entitled to park where you did. These private clamping companies are cowboys...

Yeah in the absence of any clear markings about where you can and can't park, I'd say you are entitled to park where you did. These private clamping companies are cowboys...

upon entering the village, after the gate, on the side walks there are spaces/lots with double yellow line markings, but nothing behind the building and side parking spaces like this.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    another one to say it is terrible that you have been parking there. similar thing but worse in my development where one of the neighbours is having to do a 10 point turn as some idiot has 'created' a space where his reverse room should be..
    I agree with you as we have been in the same situation.The OP deserves being clamped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I agree with you as we have been in the same situation.The OP deserves being clamped.

Thats not the point,

A. There was nothing saying he couldn't park there
    B. He's been parking there for 6 months with no indication from anybody that he was doing anything wrong.

If you parked someplace on a public road, where there was no indication that you could not park there and you got clamped would you have an issue with it ?

Believe me, where i used to live was THE worst for parking.

And if you have issues with reversing out of spaces then perhaps you should reverse into spaces when you get the opportunity. A bit of forward planning might save the hassle of someone needing to do a 10 point turn.

craichoe wrote: »
    Thats not the point,

A. There was nothing saying he couldn't park there
    B. He's been parking there for 6 months with no indication from anybody that he was doing anything wrong.

If you parked someplace on a public road, where there was no indication that you could not park there and you got clamped would you have an issue with it ?

Believe me, where i used to live was THE worst for parking.

And if you have issues with reversing out of spaces then perhaps you should reverse into spaces when you get the opportunity. A bit of forward planning might save the hassle of someone needing to do a 10 point turn.

I wouldnt park outside someones house as i know the feeling.Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I wouldnt park outside someones house as i know the feeling.Simple as that.

The majority of spaces in cork city are "Outside someones house" what are we supposed to do, write our names on the space and take a dump on it to mark it as ours ?

Shared parking is shared parking. If you want a reserved space, buy one with the apartment/house

craichoe wrote: »
    The majority of spaces in cork city are "Outside someones house" what are we supposed to do, write our names on the space and take a dump on it to mark it as ours ?

Shared parking is shared parking. If you want a reserved space, buy one with the apartment/house

I dont mean that way i mean like that picture.Right outside someones house etc.
    That is an awkward spot he parked in,as you can see from the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just like your car OP, there has been a car parked outside my house for the last year, and hasn't moved ONCE... And it has never been touched... Unless some1 complained u(i didn't read the whole thread) i can't see a reason for clamping...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

First of all if the owner of the Punto can't get out of there he/she has no right to drive at all. If you can't get out of that spot you have absolutly no control over the car and miserably insufficient skills to be on the road.

Second : there's no laws against parking at the end of a cul de sac as long as there's no roadmarkings saying you can't. The only thing I can say is that the car should have been a bit closer to the curb to be parked completely proper.

If that was my car clamped I wouldn't hesitate for one minute to call a locksmith to get the clamp removed ( no damage if opened properly ) and a registered letter would be on route to the management company and the clamping company demanding payment of the locksmiths invoice and compensation for inconvience caused. With a bit of luck you could find a couple of scraches on the wheel and hammer them for that as well. Where on earth do those twats get the right to defacto impound a vehicle anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

no..that space is the end of the road/parking space...everyday, theres always a car parked in that area.

It's clearly NOT a parking space....I've already described to you how bloody annoying it would be for someone to reverse out of the real end parking spaces.

You say it's the end of the road / parking space....well it is a road and you shouldnt park in the middle of the road.

Let it go and as someone already said take it on the chin as karma for annoying other residents in the estate for the last six months by parking there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ronanom wrote: »
    It's clearly NOT a parking space....I've already described to you how bloody annoying it would be for someone to reverse out of the real end parking spaces.

You say it's the end of the road / parking space....well it is a road and you shouldnt park in the middle of the road.

Let it go and as someone already said take it on the chin as karma for annoying other residents in the estate for the last six months by parking there

Ronanam, drdre, others.

For a start, maybe you need to look at the pics again. Where in there does it say he can't park there? He's perfectly entitled to park there. There is nothing indicating he cannot. You are legally entitled to park on a road, so long as you don't park dangerously.

And he's not parked in the middle. He's parked parallel to one, and up against another, kerb. So obviously he's not blocking a thoroughfare - road - so there is no issue.

As for the 'parking outside my door' thing - get over it. That's what we pay VRT and Road Tax for - if you don't like it, take it up with the local authority or politicians. You cannot assert any right to a space outside your door. Unless you hold the deed to the space in question.

What I'd do is fight this. If you don't get satisfaction through reason - then invoice them for it and give them 14 days to pay it. After the 14 days, send reminder and advise them of the legal consequences if not paid inside the next 7.

After that, a civil bill citing all expenses (incl legal) will set them up nicely.........time to stop being a doormat, gentlemen.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm with Rhodney, don't rest until you get your money back, small claims court will sort you in a flash. The road outside my house is public and sometimes people park across the road from my driveway. Sometimes this requires an extra two steps in my reversing out but it takes seconds so WTF.

If somebody's usual parking required me to make a ten-point-turn then they're obviously coming home after me, so I'd make it my business to have a word when they'd parked their car some night and see if an agreement could be reached. But if nobody's in the wrong then it's time to work on getting your ten-point turn time down. Or leaving earlier.

• Advertisement

I dont mean that way i mean like that picture.Right outside someones house etc.
    That is an awkward spot he parked in,as you can see from the picture.

.its not infront as in i mean not literally and directly infront of someone's house...
    inside are 4-5 storey buildings , beside the buildings are grasses (for children to play, picnic etc) , then a large lot for parking spaces, all beside the buildings and at the back...
    sad to say, i saw again 2 cars parked on the same slots, and they were not clamped...i mean, if they want to be serious, i think they should be consistent,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Tails142 wrote: »
    I've been carrying a big red crow bar in my boot for the last couple of years - if there was ever a case of me using it; this would be it. Havent got clamped yet though.

I don't think I'd have the balls to do it to a corpo clamp but I'd definetly do it to a private clamping company, apparently the lock is the weakest part and prys off easily. :D

Then I would send the management company an invoice for storage of their clamp and removal of their sticker, mwahahaha
    I would love to see some moron trying to remove a clamp with a crow bar, it would be hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Bored of this stupid topic.
    It is a dangerous place to park - obviously not for the person parking there but for the others reversing out.

Take it on the chin and lock this topic

Advertisement