Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Raid Siren

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I'm really glad I saw this thread.... It kept me awake last night too at about 4am, was so annoying, as had exams today!
    I said it to a few people who live near me (Sandymount) and no-one else had heard it, so I thought I was going crazy or dreaming or something!
    Glad I'm not the only one that was kept awake then!!
    Anyone know what it was??

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

DPDB fire alarm actavation,,fire stations alarms NO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I heard it as well this morning, I'm in Marino and iv heard it a good few times now, I'm pretty sure its from the docks somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

oil depot in the docks, a training exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

becah wrote: »
    I'm really glad I saw this thread.... It kept me awake last night too at about 4am, was so annoying, as had exams today!
    I said it to a few people who live near me (Sandymount) and no-one else had heard it, so I thought I was going crazy or dreaming or something!
    Glad I'm not the only one that was kept awake then!!
    Anyone know what it was??

We heard it too (live near Sandymount)- my girlfriend woke me up at 4am, she's from Canada, and over there as kids this was the sound used to indicate nuclear attack. She was a little freaked out, and not totally amused when I said if it is a nuclear attack, we might as well sleep cos not a lot we can do about it, before I rolled over and conked out again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

going off at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tribulus wrote: »
    Where are you?

raheny, its stopped though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Couldn't hear it in Bayside, out in the sticks here lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

It's going off now near Tallaght. Really eerie sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I can hear that and im living in north dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭crushproof

I can hear that and im living in north dublin

Odd, I was in the Phoenix Park and heard a really loud one, I figured it was coming from the barracks so didn't really take any notice of it.

I thought that it might have been coming from the mine in Clondalkin, but could be further afield

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Must be some echo, it bounced all the way from 2008!

Just a revision instead of a new topic. Apparently the siren happens every week...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The siren that can be heard in Tallaght/Clondalkin is from the Roadstone quarry,goes off for a minute or two just before they blast every Friday.

The blast shakes our house pretty bad nowadays which can't be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Any of the refridgerated warehouses around the city that use ammonia in their refrigeration plants have them sirens and test them.

Advertisement