Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPen days

Options
  • 29-11-2007 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone gone to any college open days yet???

Maynooth??

What did u think of wherever u went??

And anyone here doing ARTS? what subjects u taking for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

Goin to UCD on friday
    Was in Ul a while back thought it was claaassssssss:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nc0987

Yep im goin UCD on friday too!! supposed to be HUGE....
    What are u thinking of doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

December 1st at DIT is where it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

NUIG today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

nc0987 wrote: »

Maynooth??

I think I'm interested in taking the BA Politics degree now, Arts is still very much an option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    NUIG today!

and the
    Sligo
    Higher
    Institute of
    Technology..

Have gone to the DCU one myself.
    Will attend Trinity this year and next year i wanna go see DIT and UCD>.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

went to Tralee IT on the 19th of this month

Yep im goin UCD on friday too!! supposed to be HUGE....
    What are u thinking of doing?

Ahh engineering, civil or mechanical. Ill be lookin around tryin to get info and stuff. What about u??
    Id say theres goin to be a massive crowd up at ucd tomorro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Went to Maynooth last week, enjoyed it.

Double-decker bus load of us heading to UCD tomorrow, should be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

yeh, im going to ucd tomorrow aswell, theres 150+ going from my school, should be a huge crowd up there!

paddy007 wrote: »
    Ahh engineering, civil or mechanical. Ill be lookin around tryin to get info and stuff. What about u??
    Id say theres goin to be a massive crowd up at ucd tomorro

i'm going for pshychology..yeah...trying to find information....
    Its going to be packed!!! is there something about tommy tiernan playing there? ive heard rumours.....

timmywex wrote: »
    yeh, im going to ucd tomorrow aswell, theres 150+ going from my school, should be a huge crowd up there!

Ha! only about 5 are going from my year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Woop_01

Maynooth??

yeah NUIM last sat - class
    And today IT Sligo : with school .... **** hole !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

NUIG today.....definately the best I've been at so far!!!

UCC - ok

UL - Crap

Its going to be packed!!! is there something about tommy tiernan playing there? ive heard rumours.....

Yeah I heard today he's doing something at 12:00....

We're only leaving our school at 12! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Going to UCD on saturday, hoping to be able to make it to DIT on the same day.

Definately going to Trinity on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

oh man are we the opposite

I was at UL and thought it was amazing, huge modern campus with so many facilities

Cork was also very impressive but a bit on the small side

As for NUIG I found the place way too spread out and not a fan of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Woop_01 wrote: »
    yeah NUIM last sat - class
    And today IT Sligo : with school .... **** hole !!!!

i'd agree personally.

Jeez that UCD one was quite a joke really. I mean the place was PACKED! And they decide to have it all in one of the smallest buildings on the campus, badly organised... If that was my first time at UCD I don't think I'd be impressed.

Anyway, luckily we managed to skip the hundreds in the queue and get straight in saying ''we're getting our coats'' :) So not so bad in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

unreal mess, some mad crazy quee for the o'reilly hall, just didnt bother going in, went to the student centre and just sat there for ages!!

we're going up on a privatte tour again sometime because it was such a mess.

Well i went to UCD today! The weather was disgusting (no other word could describe), the journey was hell!! and the queue>>>>>>>>>AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    once inside the hall it was nice, people were friendly.
    But overall it was unorganised and i have to say i wasnt really impressed with it!
    and opening only at 1 oclock? MADNESS!!!:eek::confused:

Totally agree. There stupid for havin it in s small hall with thousands tryin to get in
    Im just back from the train station
    The best craic was the mexican wave when waitin to get into the hall!! and throwin papers and shoutin at people who were skippin the queue! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

It was a joke alright. Building was far too small and tbh I didn't really find out any more than I did from looking at the prospectus. I expected to be go to the various faculties etc, like DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

hey to all who attened ucd open day! I just started nursing there this year. and honestly guys it's a fab place! don't let the crappy open day put you off. i saw many dejected looking uniform heads doing the rounds! and they coudlnt' bring you around all the buildings really cos like lectures and **** were on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I went to the DIT open day today. Well, to be more precise, I went to the Architecture talk.. who knew a talk could last two hours.. Good stuff though. Didn't get a free pen, but that was because by the time the talk was over everything was basically packed away. Alas.

Ah the free pens...the real reasons i go to these open days... :o
    there were free sweets in UCD too...theres one good thing about it!!! ah ucd wasnt that bad, it weather probably didnt help peoples moods.. but i'm checking out trinity and after that im just picking one!!!!
    This college business is hard work....

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I went to the UCD Open Day on Saturday and it seemed to be well-organised. I thought the talks were very good and there was plenty of tours going on. We had to queue for about 15 minutues at the start of the day to get into the O'Reilly Hall, which was grand, but then I suppose the crowd on Saturday was much smaller. Although I do think it was a bit silly having everything in that Hall, like it's not that big of a hall and it was pretty crowded all day. It was so annoying trying to push yourself out of the Conservatory due to the large crowds outside waiting to get in there for the next talk. I think it would have been a lot better if it was spread out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Yeah, I agree CoolCiaran. I suspect that the UCD board realise that the rest of the college is so ugly and they want to give us the impression that the whole place is like that. :p

• Advertisement

Anyone like trinity?? :cool:

Advertisement