Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughest Song/Section?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

So what song were you stuck on the for the longest, or just found to be generally tough?

I remember it took me weeks to beat Crossroads on Expert in GH1, that second last solo used to kick my ass, and it was before practice mode, so I had to stick the whole song through every time :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Guitar Battle on III vs Lou on medium!
    Only playing on hard on the 360 version now... need a lot of practice to get used to that orange button.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So far I can't do Metallica's One (the first fast solo) on hard. I was very drunk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Jordan, Expert, Solo B and Solo C! Weeks of practice!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Playing Guitar Hero 3 and due to being stuck on Tom's Battle on medium, i've went back and 5 starred every song on Easy bar one: Slayer 'It's Raining Blood'

Absolute bastard.. can't even comprehend how difficult it'll be on Medium or Expert.

basquille wrote: »
    Playing Guitar Hero 3 and due to being stuck on Tom's Battle on medium, i've went back and 5 starred every song on Easy bar one: Slayer 'It's Raining Blood'

Absolute bastard.. can't even comprehend how difficult it'll be on Medium or Expert.

You're gonna hate me for this, but i just beat Tom on hard first attempt last night on the 360. Guess it was just luck :D

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Only have GH3 and playing it on Medium at the min, song that took me the longest to do was Knights of Cydonia, easy at first but then gets mental haha.

Just finished Holiday In Cambodia on hard, ***'d it, but given how people have been cursing that track, i'm proud of myself :D

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You're gonna hate me for this, but i just beat Tom on hard first attempt last night on the 360. Guess it was just luck :D

VR!

I beat him first attempt on hard too. It took me two attempts on medium. Weird.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I beat him first attempt on hard too. It took me two attempts on medium. Weird.

Certainly is, it took me about 20 attempts on medium on PS2 last month!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is anyone here going to expect to bea able to beat Through the Fire and the Flames on hard (not even going to ask about expert - impossible)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Is anyone here going to expect to bea able to beat Through the Fire and the Flames on hard (not even going to ask about expert - impossible)?

Hell Ya Jim!!!

I beat it on Hard, current high on Expert is 82%. If I get a chance to practice over the weekend I should do it! Get to 85%, the rest is easy enough!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Well done BE! I can't actually do the start of TTFAF on my own. I get someone to hit the strum bar for the first note then I tap the initial sequence. 24% is my best effort so far.

One song that's kicking my ass at the moment on expert is 3's and 7's. I have it for the PC and there are LOTS of notes at the start and it seems to get slightly laggy and fecks me up.

I can't see me lasting on hard to be honest, but i'll give it my best :D
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

can't beat Slash in the guitar battle on expert, especially when he hits you with 2 star attacks in a row, the amount of notes that goes past the screen while your trying to whammy or repair a string means its near impossible :(:(

ah no, I beat him on my 2nd attempt on expert. Hit most of the notes but really concentrate on getting the star power attacks. Then when he has loads of notes to hit, hit him hard =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm playing through easy in GHIII and can't do Raining Blood at all, it completely overwhelms me!

miju wrote: »
    can't beat Slash in the guitar battle on expert, especially when he hits you with 2 star attacks in a row, the amount of notes that goes past the screen while your trying to whammy or repair a string means its near impossible :(:(

Aint got that far yet! Work sucks :(
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Some of the final parts of Play With Me in 80's on Expert catch me off-guard everytime. I'll get my head around them one of these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I tried a couple of times on expert with TTFAF and it's over in 2 seconds! I think i might have ever fooked up my chances of getting it cuz i played the firt guitar hero through without learning the hammer on and pull off techniques (never played it on expert), and i can't get my head fully round them, so... Ah well! Give me the drum kit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

as of right now tenacious d's the metal is seroiusly pissing me off :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm doing Hard at the moment, and i've breezed through it without issue (though not scoring hugely) but I CANT finish that slipknot song at all. It was like a tenfold increase in difficulty :\ All those damn chord switches have my fingers in knots.

I can't do the slipknot song on expert at all. It's the only song I've got left ! :(

Mosh 1 in Raining Blood is actually the hardest section I've ever tried to play. It's the only song left on hard to beat.

Slipknot is also an awful, awful song and took a long time to get past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Aye, mosh1 is kicking my ass at the moment. Longest Ive been stuck on a song. Wouldnt be too bad if it didn't have that poxy minute build up. So annoying

Beat it. Made sure to hit my star powers and clawed my through it. It doesn't help when you really dislike the song.

I can't beat Lou though. He always gets the first battle power up which always seems to be difficulty increase so I can't hit my power up then he gets another and I'm toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Totally agree on mosh 1, it's kicking my ass at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Is Mosh 1 the really fast palm muted string chugging bit? Yeah, that'd be a killer on expert I reckon :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I can beat through the fire and the flames on GH3 for ps3, currently sitting on 91% completion on expert, my counter strike friend and team mate can get 78% notes hit and complete it on expert, ***** showing me up :(

Will post a clip on youtube of me playing when i get a chance to record it during the week!

Is Mosh 1 the really fast palm muted string chugging bit? Yeah, that'd be a killer on expert I reckon :P

Dunno on expert but on hard it's the bit that goes

Orange-Hammer On Blue-Hammer On Yellow
    Blue-Hammer On Yellow-Hammer On Red

I just used star power and button mashed it in the end to get through it.

• Advertisement

I cannot get the rhythm for Barracuda at all. The bit with the green notes in sets of threes.

Ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding that bit. Does it not match the music or what because I just can't get it. 3 bloody stars on this song in hard. The only song in the first 4 tiers I haven't 5 starred. It's not even a hard song, just this bloody bit.

Advertisement