Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughest Song/Section?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Finished this on medium over the christmas and working through hard atm. Slash's guitar battle is an absolute killer though. One good thing about it is that Welcome To The Jungle is piss simple by comparison afterwards.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

miju wrote: »
    as of right now tenacious d's the metal is seroiusly pissing me off :(:(

I loved the metal! Only song I've ever 100 per cent'd.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I cannot get the rhythm for Barracuda at all. The bit with the green notes in sets of threes.

Ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding that bit. Does it not match the music or what because I just can't get it. 3 bloody stars on this song in hard. The only song in the first 4 tiers I haven't 5 starred. It's not even a hard song, just this bloody bit.

I totally agree, I can never get past the Green notes without dropping my combo at least once, Its really frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Just finished Hard. 5* everything on first go except Before I Forget (not too far away from it) and most of tier 8. Raining Blood mosh 1 was the only bit I failed out on, but got the star power and used that through the second half of it to give me some breathing room and the rest is not too hard. So I'd agree with the rest of you that they are some difficult bits.

On a side note, I think the bosses get a lot easier as you go up in difficulty too. Trying to beat Morello in Medium or easy is more difficult than Raining Blood on Expert :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I cannot get the rhythm for Barracuda at all. The bit with the green notes in sets of threes.

Ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding that bit. Does it not match the music or what because I just can't get it. 3 bloody stars on this song in hard. The only song in the first 4 tiers I haven't 5 starred. It's not even a hard song, just this bloody bit.

Same here on Barracuda, i stick to strumming down with my thumb in three's. I usually lose my concentration about halfway through and either strum twice or four times.

Also, f*ck that Slayer song. Thought 'One' and 'Number of the Beast' were great, 'Cliffs of Dover' is fantastic and then 'Raining Blood' appears... piece of crap :mad:

Although, once i can get into a rythm i'll probably love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Barracuda rhythm isn't too bad. Fairly straight forward triplet beat, but is I suppose if one was to have no previous guitar experience it'd be tricky.

The Barracuda rhythm isn't too bad. Fairly straight forward triplet beat, but is I suppose if one was to have no previous guitar experience it'd be tricky.

That's what I thought aswell. The triplets on Raining Blood and the bits on One though...can't get them consistantly. I find a lot of the tightly packed bits hard to judge rythem wise. Should probably give hyperspeed a go some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

hardest thing for me was getting through the mountains of solos in hangar 18 on expert in guitar hero 2.it took me so long to complete

now the hardest is the intro in ttfatf on expert.its killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't beat the "galloping triplets" section of the Muse song on hard :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding dig-a-ding that bit. Does it not match the music or what because I just can't get it.

same here, its so frustrating, theres a video on youtube that shows the strumming pattern ill try find it...

Its up-down-up, down-up-down, up-down-up.. But its so damn hard :(

*edit*
    here it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

elekid wrote: »
    I'm playing through easy in GHIII and can't do Raining Blood at all, it completely overwhelms me!

Played through it on easy as well and that was the only song that I gave up on, how the hell did that difficulty spike slip through playtesting:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

i find with baracuda that your better off not trying to play it exactly and just strum down at a constant pace, if you time it right you wont miss notes.

It took me ages to clear Tom on medium (20 tries maybe!), i cleared slash in the first try, and lou in the second

I find the end section of knights of cydonia really hard( where your doing all the button tapping) Was the first time i nearly failed a song the whole way through the career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Is anyone here going to expect to bea able to beat Through the Fire and the Flames on hard (not even going to ask about expert - impossible)?

its not that bad.so far im up to 91% on hard.but u cant get past the intro on expert.grrrrr!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm up to the devil on expert. I eventually got passed Raining Blood, what a bitch. Practiced the mosh1 section over and over again and managed to hit most of them luckily!

I've tried the devil so much but it's just incredibly difficult. If you get hit with lefty flip first you're done for, broken string or whammy are easy to get out of first time round. Then you get your power up and hit him just before he gets a chance to get his. This can be difficult too!! Then the song just gets insanely difficult.

Anybody manage to beat the devil on expert yet?

I'm having exactly the same problem right now, and the fact that you have to complete every song to advance on hard makes it even worse. Does anyone have any tips for how to strum fast but accurately?

Edit: Oh sorry, thanks for the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've gotten better, can get 119k now which is four stars. I just down stroke, don't listen to the music at all just bash the notes out. Only problem with downstroking only is you get tired too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

Pretty much this whole video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fRH7wHvd0

1170 note streak! wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

All i do is down stroke, damn frets on fire! Because of it i also needed to train myself to use my baby finger cause i was only using 3 fingers with my laptop.

Finished the medium career a while back, just trying to 5* all the songs now , i have the first few tiers done. Cant get in knights of cydonia.... yet! It will be going into the proud moments thread when i do!!

I'm stuck now on 'Ms Murder' on hard, that damn riff is just too difficult and it makes up half the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Ha! Just cleared raining blood on expert, didn't play the song for a few weeks, was playing through some of my favourites today and just decided to give it a bash. Bleedin pissed all over mosh1 and the rest of the song is a piece of cake. Take that Kerry King

• Advertisement

Still can't beat Lou on hard. Stuck on Slash on expert, but haven't really tried that many times to beat him. Up to 140k in Barracuda now, and the method in the youtube video is the easiest way to go.

What's annoying me about that song is I can't maintain a big streak. I was looking at scorehero for the 5* cutoff, and the guy got it hitting 86% of notes but getting a decent streak. I'm hitting 96-97% of notes but not scoring high enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Dragonforce: 76% on hard multiplayer against someone who got 13%.I bowed when the result came up..True proud moment in my life!

Battlemode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Echani

I've 5 starred all the main songs on Expert except for Raining Blood (got about 185k, need 230k-ish..). Just need to sit down and practice it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Echani wrote: »
    I've 5 starred all the main songs on Expert except for Raining Blood (got about 185k, need 230k-ish..). Just need to sit down and practice it for a while.

Hmmm.... A nemesis....

Do you play on 360 perchance??

Anyone else stuck on the Japan tier on Hard? All the songs are just impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Echani

Yup, my Gamertag's Diffidentia

Though if you've got through 85% of TTFAF on Expert you might be a bit above my level, I can't reliably get through the intro yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Echani wrote: »
    Yup, my Gamertag's Diffidentia

Though if you've got through 85% of TTFAF on Expert you might be a bit above my level, I can't reliably get through the intro yet

I'll add you... if I ever get back online, should be about March at this stage I reckon. I can rarely get past the intro, in fact I almost never do!! But occasionally miracles happen!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

well im only fully finishing up on easy mode adn was able to do dragonforce and slayers tonight,tried some medium songs and for me its a big step up and i find meself losing most songs

• Advertisement

Went back to finishing expert career for a bit today, got the last tier cleared with no problems (start of CliffsOfD was giving slight hassle), with the exception of raining blood. Stupid song :p. It's just a horrendous section of noise that's fast just for speeds sake. I like the song as a whole but that part is manky.

I'm gonna try and gold star the expert career as much as I can this time around, maybe do Hard aswell.

Advertisement