Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughest Song/Section?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Thank Christ! I finally finished Nights of Cydonia on hard. Feckin Outro!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

can finish GH3 on medium, but can only get >80% on TTFAF.

havent tried hard yet. the orange button scares me.....:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The blue button is still scaring me at the moment so I'm just ignoring that extra orange one for now and pretending it's not even there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

can finish GH3 on medium, but can only get >80% on TTFAF.

Me too!! Gives me the heebie jeebies!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Finished the game on expert. Ended up killing the devil with my first powerup, haha. Whammy at the right timing and he's gone. I've cleared all songs on expert to some degree but TTFAF is quite difficult. For the first time today I snuck passed the intro and managed 74%. I'm sure with the right star power I could get by that bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

what does star power do?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

what does star power do?
    Makes me mess up a very easy section becasue I started waving the guitar about in the air and so then hit the wrong button.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

what does star power do?

It doubles your score multiplier for a limited amount of time. It also increases the crowd's happiness, so if you're dipping into the red and getting close to failing a song it can save your ass.

Makaveli wrote: »
    It doubles your score multiplier for a limited amount of time. It also increases the crowd's happiness, so if you're dipping into the red and getting close to failing a song it can save your ass.

and has, many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Hmmm.... A nemesis....

Do you play on 360 perchance??

hmmmmmm.... another nemesis.....

ive still only got raining blood left to 5* on expert. my high score is about 190k so a bit of a way to go before i do it.

cant do the TTFATF intro either hehe.
    my gamertags RobsYourUncle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Echani

Went back to finishing expert career for a bit today, got the last tier cleared with no problems (start of CliffsOfD was giving slight hassle), with the exception of raining blood. Stupid song :p. It's just a horrendous section of noise that's fast just for speeds sake. I like the song as a whole but that part is manky.

I'm gonna try and gold star the expert career as much as I can this time around, maybe do Hard aswell.

I was trying to get a bunch of gold stars too, I think I've about 10 on expert at the moment. Had to give up though because the note registration on my guitar is so unbelievably bad - half the time when you hold down the Y/B/O buttons at least one of them will flicker or just not register - it gets a tad frustrating at the last note of a song when you're about to hit it for 100% and nothing happens. Can't find my fecking receipt for it to get a replacement either :/

Echani wrote: »
    I was trying to get a bunch of gold stars too, I think I've about 10 on expert at the moment. Had to give up though because the note registration on my guitar is so unbelievably bad - half the time when you hold down the Y/B/O buttons at least one of them will flicker or just not register - it gets a tad frustrating at the last note of a song when you're about to hit it for 100% and nothing happens. Can't find my fecking receipt for it to get a replacement either :/

I had this as well. My recommendation is start a training game and twist the neck around a bit, seeing where it flickers and where its steady. use some tape to secure it where its steady.

Good call; I already had a bit of blu-tac to hold the neck in place a bit tighter but the problems were still there. Went into practice and found that the problems disappear (so far) when it's twisted a little bit, so I jammed the blu tac under the far side to hold it in place. It's working well so far, I tried to get another song gold-starred and the only thing standing between me and success this time was how bloody tired I am. Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Finally got through Lou on Hard and Cliffs of Dover on Expert.

still cant get by Raining Blood though.Mosh 1 is just noise.its not possible to get it right....and if it took me this long to beat Lou on Hard im dreading what its gonna be like on Expert.

ah well will just have to cross that bridge when i come to it

I still can't beat Lou on hard. I've resorted to just trying to bump my career score instead. Still can't 5 star all the songs either, 7 left and 6 of those I can only manage 3 stars.

The last two tiers really present a considerable difficulty spike bar a few songs (in hard, those ones I can 5 star in hard Stricken, Cliffs of Dover, Cult of Personality are a lot more difficult in expert).

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

I still can't beat Lou on hard. I've resorted to just trying to bump my career score instead. Still can't 5 star all the songs either, 7 left and 6 of those I can only manage 3 stars.

The last two tiers really present a considerable difficulty spike bar a few songs (in hard, those ones I can 5 star in hard Stricken, Cliffs of Dover, Cult of Personality are a lot more difficult in expert).

If you're using Hyperspeed you won't beat him.Turn it off and you have a better chance.
    Also to answer the topic question Jordan is the toughest song along with Solo C being the hardest section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Bongomc wrote: »
    Also to answer the topic question Jordan is the toughest song along with Solo C being the hardest section

Finally... How did nobody else mention this??

Because nobody else is masochistic enough to try it. ;)

Because nobody else is masochistic enough to try it. ;)

To 4 star the mofo more like!!:D ooowwwwwwwhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Raining Blood atm is kicking my ass....on easy :/

I need time to get the HammerOn right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The last tier on hard in gh3 is proving impossible for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I have the queens of the stoneage song left on hard. I got the Muse song after practising the galloping triplets and the chorus part (which is actually played on bass :mad:). I had to practise the intro to the slipknot song and the verse, but I got through fairly quickly. I think I'll go and try to beat tha qotsa song now. Got everything else first time though. Except the Slash battle, couldn't féckin do it

Jay P wrote: »
    I have the queens of the stoneage song left on hard. I got the Muse song after practising the galloping triplets and the chorus part (which is actually played on bass :mad:). I had to practise the intro to the slipknot song and the verse, but I got through fairly quickly. I think I'll go and try to beat tha qotsa song now. Got everything else first time though. Except the Slash battle, couldn't féckin do it

Well if you're complaining that they throw other instruments into the guitar score to up the difficulty of the song (which they do, and have done since GH1), check out the RSI-inducing keyboard intro of Through the Fire and Flames on expert; as well as all the short synth bits along the way that they throw in too ;)

Well if you're complaining that they throw other instruments into the guitar score to up the difficulty of the song (which they do, and have done since GH1), check out the RSI-inducing keyboard intro of Through the Fire and Flames on expert; as well as all the short synth bits along the way that they throw in too ;)

If I get that far. <frustration>I'm stuck on the metal songs (metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Eric Johnson). I cannot finsih any of them. In one I get stuck at the solo, which is simple in real life but flamin' impossible in the game. Raining blood: the insanely fast bit. Cliffs of Dover, it just gradually goes down. And Number of the best is much the same.</frustration>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

That stupid intro intro to holiday in cambodia is really pissing me off :mad:

Number of the Beast has the most deceptively hard intro of all the songs. Oh yeah, looks fairly handy but it's not. And I still can't beat Lou on hard!

According to the games producers, it's a classical guitar and an electric with (i think) chorus mixed together. The "synth death" section in the middle of the song though... No guitar there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Don't have a really hard bit on GH at the mo, playing Rock Band instead. Bit of advice to you all, www.scorehero.com is the best GH/RB site out there. The gameplay section has help on all of the parts of songs mentioned. Here's my 2 cents anyway!

Raining Blood (H or X): make sure to get the first 2 star power sections, use your three strongest fingers on Mosh 1 (the insanely fast bit, 3 fingers being index middle and ring) and just roll them in time to each of the scales. Strum the first note of each, do this as long as you can then hit star power, should get you through :)

Number of the Beast: On hard you can hold down the lowest note (green or red, depending on the section) and just tap onto the other notes as they come up, on expert its tougher cos of the chords thrown in, just practice it is all!

TTFAF: Listen to the song, A LOT! For the intro on expert (which i can barely pass, still can't get through the solos but didn't try for long) use the elastic band around the green button trick. Once you have green held down all the time just try to strum each of the other notes, but when you hit one get your finger off the button ASAP! Otherwise you'll miss the hammer on to green and screw up combo and the rock meter.

I'm no expert at GH, although I have cleared it on expert and was ranked 38th in the world on Pro Face Off on hard at one stage :P If this helps let me know, if it doesn't then tell me to f*ck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Went back to finishing expert career for a bit today, got the last tier cleared with no problems (start of CliffsOfD was giving slight hassle), with the exception of raining blood. Stupid song :p. It's just a horrendous section of noise that's fast just for speeds sake. I like the song as a whole but that part is manky.

I'm gonna try and gold star the expert career as much as I can this time around, maybe do Hard aswell.

2 months later and I have still yet to clear mosh 1. It's really getting on my tits, especially as I have 5 starred the majority of the other tiers. Someday.

I'll give the three finger roll another go I suppose, tried that a while ago.

• Advertisement

Number of the Beast has the most deceptively hard intro of all the songs. Oh yeah, looks fairly handy but it's not. And I still can't beat Lou on hard!

No! It's simple, all you have to do is keep the first fret pressed down and strum up and down in time, putting down the other frets when the oppurtunity arises, simple really:cool:

Advertisement